After all of the years, I now live in TN!

MrJim43

2-Step Enabled
A very few of you may remember that I used to post on TNDeer, when I ran MSDeer. That was back when it all was very new, well over twenty years ago.
I met some of you, hunted in VA with at least one member, and talked deer hunting with a bunch.

In a strange twist of events, my wife got a job in Nashville, and we moved here three weeks ago, totally wrecking my plans for the season in the process.
I am long retired, but still write for North American Whitetail, and am always looking for those top end bucks and a good story.
Looking forward to living in a new area, and being more involved here again.
Welcome to our TnDeer Family

megalomaniac

Welcome back Clifford! I was on MSdeer once upon a time, then bull nettle. I dont think there are any good forum based sites for MS any longer unfortunately. All the young whippersnappers seem to grip and grin on facebook

CliffordN

Well, this one is taking a turn, but I guess I need to use that.
A few details about what it takes to get an article in NAW:
First, and foremost, the deer must have been taken legally and on free range.
The hunter cannot have a history of violations, and I must do everything I can to insure we have a clean story.
And, because of the tremendous overall increase in quality of deer killed across the country, it generally takes a Booner typical, or better, to make the cut. Non Typicals are generally well into the 230 inch range to be considered, because we only have so much room in an issue, and only 8 issues per year.
We also need a large selection of great pics, which sounds easy. But, you would be surprised at how many folks take terrible photos.
We are always looking for unique stories, women and children draw special attention, as do special weapons.
I write stories about southern deer most often, and we look for ones killed in states which are not considered the go to spots.
NAW is the premier trophy whitetail magazine, and I am proud to write for them. I just wish I could write one story about a giant that I killed!

PossumSlayer

2-Step Enabled
A very few of you may remember that I used to post on TNDeer, when I ran MSDeer. That was back when it all was very new, well over twenty years ago.
I met some of you, hunted in VA with at least one member, and talked deer hunting with a bunch.

In a strange twist of events, my wife got a job in Nashville, and we moved here three weeks ago, totally wrecking my plans for the season in the process.
I am long retired, but still write for North American Whitetail, and am always looking for those top end bucks and a good story.
And I may be moving to Mississippi in a few months 😁

CliffordN

The ones I have are 1985 -2010 have all except 3 or 4 loaners that didn't return ,good reading
My first article, way back in 2001, was about a typical 7 x 7 that was killed in LA. The hunter was trying to help someone catch the person who was breaking into his vehicle when he hunted. So, he went into the stand while the other guy hid near the truck. As luck would have it, he ended up with the trophy of a lifetime!

X-Tennessean

Well, this one is taking a turn, but I guess I need to use that.
A few details about what it takes to get an article in NAW:
First, and foremost, the deer must have been taken legally and on free range.
The hunter cannot have a history of violations, and I must do everything I can to insure we have a clean story.
And, because of the tremendous overall increase in quality of deer killed across the country, it generally takes a Booner typical, or better, to make the cut. Non Typicals are generally well into the 230 inch range to be considered, because we only have so much room in an issue, and only 8 issues per year.
We also need a large selection of great pics, which sounds easy. But, you would be surprised at how many folks take terrible photos.
We are always looking for unique stories, women and children draw special attention, as do special weapons.
I write stories about southern deer most often, and we look for ones killed in states which are not considered the go to spots.
NAW is the premier trophy whitetail magazine, and I am proud to write for them. I just wish I could write one story about a giant that I killed!
Welcome aboard!
If you have Facebook look up Bowhunting League and join up, sure there are some that wouldn't mind sharing their story! Some P&Y and B&C worth writing about for sure there!!

oldmanelrod

2-Step Enabled

Welcome to The Promised Lane!