Advice on shot reaction

krazykarl_13

2-Step Enabled
I'm kicking myself after possibly losing my first deer with a gun. I shot a small buck to get some meat in the freezer. I rushed the shot, and he took off at about 1/3 a run with his tail tucked. I found bright red blood with no gut content. I figured gut shot by his reaction. I bumped him once and ran out of blood. I plan to be back at it tomorrow hoping he doesn't go to waste. What does it sound like to you guys as far as shot location?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

krazykarl_13

2-Step Enabled
He trotted off at a slow pace with his tail tucked and hunched down. I was thinking gut shot but no stomach content. Just red blood.

GRIT

Well one thing if you find him tomorrow he will still be good to eat he will be froze.
Good luck

krazykarl_13

2-Step Enabled
GRIT":gteizlpm said:
Well one thing if you find him tomorrow he will still be good to eat he will be froze.
Good luck

Thanks! I just hate to let one go to waste. I'm used to them dropping in sight with a gun. Kicking myself for rushing the shot.

krazykarl_13

2-Step Enabled
I just got back. No luck. I searched the thickets and creek and just could not locate him. Makes me sick to lose one. I tried to line up a dog but the guy never responded to my message. I'm confident he is dead somewhere. Thanks for the advice guys.

Latest posts