Acorns

WORM82

Anyone noticed if their will be any acorns this fall? Last fall there were none around my area and seemed spotty across the state.

Boone 58

WORM82 said:
Anyone noticed if their will be any acorns this fall? Last fall there were none around my area and seemed spotty across the state.

I have found strong white oak in quiet a few places in Lawrence and Wayne counties along with a fair crop of chestnut oak but driving thru the 22000+ acres of Eagel Creek WMA this past weekend I was only finding the chestnut trees sparse.....about 3 in 10 along the road way which I find interesting. Also I am finding some red oak but I cant verify that it is a strong crop, so me thinks preliminarily speaking it would be rated fair in my opinion , not heavy. I still think from my earlier trips that this will be a med crop for mast in these to counties and until I can verify further I will stick to this. here is a pic of a white and chestnut oak

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
I know that the Hickories are dropping in crazy abundance, so I hope that this bodes well for the acorn crop this year. I thought that we would have a good one last year, as the acorns started falling early, but apparently they just didn't produce any more than those initial few in my area. This REALLY affected their movement last season, as they were on far more diverse routes and "patterns."

Latest posts