• Help Support TNDeer:

Academy Sports = Empty

Hunter 257W

I
I drove by there one day last week with the intention of looking at rifles but changed my mind when I counted 17 people in line outside the door and it was COLD that morning.
I did the same Thursday morning. I don't really need anything but was just going to go in and see what they have left. The line outside wasn't worth waiting in. But if the past is any indicator of the present, Larry's still has some inventory..

MUP

Supporter
Everyone forgets that this is why our ancestors came to this country to start with. The English king and queen wouldn’t let you own anything or hunt anything and you had to pay their taxes. Boston Tea Party and two revolutionary wars , look back at history and it will repeat itself.
Yep. There's a word, enemy, and it exists for a reason, and it's real, and standing right in front of us now, bold and brazen, empowered by the evil and ignorant.

Primary

Primary

TNDeer Assistant
Here are some related products that TNDeer members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TNDeer’s partner,Primary, where you can find links to TNDeer discussions about these products.

Wildcat

Same thing here in Paducah. Academy had a few rifles yesterday and no ammo.

Biden was serious when he talked about his firearms policy but others said it would never happen.

While this is going on in Washington they are putting razor wire on non-climbable fences to use against American citizens.

MUP

Supporter
Same thing here in Paducah. Academy had a few rifles yesterday and no ammo.

Biden was serious when he talked about his firearms policy but others said it would never happen.

While this is going on in Washington they are putting razor wire on non-climbable fences to use against American citizens.
Just campaign talk. I'm sure under this administration they'll be sending out free ammo stimulus packages to any and everyone who was affected by the shortage. ;)

Crow Terminator

I went to the Bass Pro in Chattanooga Saturday to get some stuff for my jonboat. I was going to also pick up some scope rings for a picatinny rail and couldn’t even get to the shooting/hunting department because of all the people. The fishing section was nearly deserted.

Bullit

Yeah you don’t have to look back to far in history to see what could happen if they take your guns and ammo away. The Germans (Nazis) did the same thing, if you don’t have any weapons what can you do with pitchforks and shovels. They take you power away.

Grainger

Supporter
Can't help but wonder if this is the real reason. Not knocking anyone. I'm in buying mode as well.
Was thinking the same thing myself today, thinking something else is going on. If nothing else, upper management for the manufacturers should be fired for incompetence--their job is to supply product and maximize profit. How can you maximize profit if there is no product to sell?

Hunter 257W

Was thinking the same thing myself today, thinking something else is going on. If nothing else, upper management for the manufacturers should be fired for incompetence--their job is to supply product and maximize profit. How can you maximize profit if there is no product to sell?
How can you fire somebody because their customers are buying more than they can build? :) They can't triple their capacity overnight without building buildings, buying complete production lines of equipment, verifying that it's building conforming product, hiring and training new employees, etc. By the time they got it all up and running the panic would be half over. At some point when things calm down they'd have many millions of $'s worth of manufacturing investment sitting idle producing nothing for possibly years before the next big panic. Also the new hires would have to be laid off and all that training investment would be lost.

I don't think there is any big conspiracy or incompetence on the part of the manufacturers. The gun industry in the US is not a huge industry and they can't suddenly outfit the entire US all at the same time with new guns and ammo. They are set up for the normal demand and things work well at that level but when we all want to buy at the same time they can run full capacity and it just isn't close to keeping up.

Wiley

I wonder how many military ammo contracts are currently being filled by civilian manufacturers. Lake City was taken over by Winchester in October but that's an existing plant that only makes military ammo and has no impact on civilian production. Remember when the illegal Kenyan administration ordered billions of rounds of ammo for no particular reason other than to gum up the works for us regular folks?

Laserman1

I was in Benton shooters Saturday. Parking lot was covered up. Was getting a new bow string but gun section was covered up. Long line at counter with just as many women with a gun box checking out as there were men. Every pistol I saw also had 1 box of bullets with it. They said they had 6000 Rds of 9mm when they opened and it was gone by 11:00

PalsPal

Ive got plenty but will keep buying
And THIS is the reason. Panic buying at it's finest.

Just like all of the past rushes on toilet paper or gas or....

How many panic rushes have there been on guns and ammo in the past 10 yrs alone?

rifle02

I was in Benton shooters Saturday. Parking lot was covered up. Was getting a new bow string but gun section was covered up. Long line at counter with just as many women with a gun box checking out as there were men. Every pistol I saw also had 1 box of bullets with it. They said they had 6000 Rds of 9mm when they opened and it was gone by 11:00
It's a pretty day for a drive. I was thinking of going over to Benton Shooter Supply to see what they had. Oh well you've saved me the drive. I'll have to think of something else!

Andy S.

I'm still seeing some ammo availability in SW TN, albeit spotty, at the small stores that are off the beaten path. The ones that do not advertise and are not mainstream (Academy, BPS, etc).,

TAFKAP

I can't wait for my Biden check to come through. Hopefully the panic dies down in time for the new Browning Maxus II to hit the shelf

moondawg

I'm still seeing some ammo availability in SW TN, albeit spotty, at the small stores that are off the beaten path. The ones that do not advertise and are not mainstream (Academy, BPS, etc).,
I've seen a few here and there. Selection is spotty, and prices are ridiculous at times. But it's better than nothing.

Kimber45

Milan Walmart put out a few yesterday, had 4.. A buddy of mine was in the day before and said they only had 2. One of them went home with me .. had kinda been wanting a .410 pump - picked up a TriStar.

Latest posts