Abandoned puppy

duckduck84

duckduck84

Wife and I were headed home from hunting and found an abandoned puppy on the side of the road. Maybe 8 weeks old, obviously been out there for a few days. They were "kind" enough to leave a busted up wire kennel with some hay in it for him and a small food dish that was empty now. Pretty sure he was a Christmas puppy that wasn't wanted. People suck.

However, not all people suck because my sister in law has been wanting a dog for awhile since theirs passed away this summer and they took him in. So it all worked out in the end. Cute little guy too.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

1 good shot

1 good shot

Re: Abandoned puppy

Over the years people have dumped dozens of cats on the road in front of our farm and the local animal shelter won't take cats and then we feed them and try to find them homes but most of the time the coyote get them I just don't have it in me to be that cruel to any animal

duckduck84

duckduck84

Here are some pics of the little guy. Any ideas what he might be, besides a mutt lol?
f27dda540ad6d18002820ed9ae79b3e7.jpg
da59e3f0170d254186d7e44ebce2a429.jpg

rem270

rem270

Supporter

Looks like a shepherd mix. Pretty dog. Good job on your part of picking it up and giving it life.

I wish nothing but the worst on people who dump animals off or own them and don't take the proper care for them. My mom tells me that's the topic that I go off over the quickest.

duckduck84

duckduck84

We were thinking lab/shepherd mix as well because he has seriously webbed feet.

I can't abide to see an animal suffer. No way I could just drive by and leave him out there to freeze to death, get run over, or taken by a coyote.

L

larry ipock

rem270":3n7vpyg2 said:
Looks like a shepherd mix. Pretty dog. Good job on your part of picking it up and giving it life.

I wish nothing but the worst on people who dump animals off or own them and don't take the proper care for them. My mom tells me that's the topic that I go off over the quickest.

x2

L

larry ipock

I'd like to leave them out in the cold for a few nights. Glad someone took the little feller home.

rem270

rem270

Supporter

duckduck84 you nailed it on the Christmas present. I hate seeing puppies given away at Christmas time, same way with rabbits at Easter. I know there's lots of responsible pet owners and are getting them for the right reason. But lots of time a kid wants a puppy and gets the puppy and a few weeks later the newness is gone and now the dog is put on the back burner and then eventually dumped off.

duckduck84

duckduck84

rem270":3jcv8oxm said:
duckduck84 you nailed it on the Christmas present. I hate seeing puppies given away at Christmas time, same way with rabbits at Easter. I know there's lots of responsible pet owners and are getting them for the right reason. But lots of time a kid wants a puppy and gets the puppy and a few weeks later the newness is gone and now the dog is put on the back burner and then eventually dumped off.
Yup its just not a good idea unless the parents are willing to take the responsibility regardless. I wanted so badly to surprise my wife with the pup we got from Ruger but we talked about it first because I wanted to make sure she was 100% agreeable.

Wrangler95

Wrangler95

So glad he has a home now,good deed you did

Crappieaddict

Crappieaddict

Well done on your part! I’ll never understand the thought process that these scumbags have!

T

TNTreeman

Supporter

Folks that can do things like that would mistreat a baby or an elderly person too. Guarantee they're sorry human beings.

Kimber45

Kimber45

That’s a great looking German Shepherd mix pup. Absolutely cannot imagine leaving it out on its own especially in this weather.

WTM

WTM

Supporter

could be a german shepard lab mix as well, by the markings. she will know when its full grown, lol.