A Texas Tripod Morning...

Mike Belt

Thursday morning I'll be in mine situated between a thick bedding area and a designated safety zone with a narrow cut corn field in between. Friday morning I'll shift it to the section of hardwoods separating this and another corn field mainly watching the second field for deer crossing and the woods in between fields. Lots of scrapes in and around both fields. Two of the last 4 years I've seen huge bucks on the first Friday of muzzleloader season. I'm hoping to continue a beautiful tradition, lol.

Mike Belt

9 does, 5 fawns, 3 bucks...no shooters. My camera was in front of me and I had over 20 different bucks.. 2 shooters.. all at night. I moved the tripod into the next field. I think it has more potential. Two hunting friends saw a bunch of deer also. Several of the youngsters were pestering does. I moved the camera to another location I'll hunt Saturday. Several big fresh scrapes and a few big rubs. I've seen a few shooters there.

catman529

Mike Belt said:
9 does, 5 fawns, 3 bucks...no shooters. My camera was in front of me and I had over 20 different bucks.. 2 shooters.. all at night. I moved the tripod into the next field. I think it has more potential. Two hunting friends saw a bunch of deer also. Several of the youngsters were pestering does. I moved the camera to another location I'll hunt Saturday. Several big fresh scrapes and a few big rubs. I've seen a few shooters there.
sounds like its just heating up and those shooters might be up in the daylight soon. Good luck!

Latest posts