A tad outmatched

batten_down

I'm using all Browning. Half are last year's top model (and that video is from one of those) the Dark Ops HD Pro X, and the other half are this year's top model Recon Force Elite HP4. Both take very high-quality video day and night, but the Dark Ops HD Pro X has a night-time illumination that is more "spotlight," lighting up the center of the view well but the illumination rapidly fading to black at the periphery. In contrast, the Elite HP4 has more a "floodlight" illumination that lights up the entire area, which I prefer.

Deer do not react to the cameras at all, except for the first time they see them, day or night. They stare at the box for awhile. Does will come up and sniff the camera. But they cannot see the light of the flash. Individual mature bucks come back through the cameras at night over and over and over.
That's good info. Sorry I missed your reply until now. Thank you. I'm looking to upgrade cameras, but trying to find that balance between quality and cost. Especially since I run public 100% of the time.

puppy

I'm using all Browning. Half are last year's top model (and that video is from one of those) the Dark Ops HD Pro X, and the other half are this year's top model Recon Force Elite HP4. Both take very high-quality video day and night, but the Dark Ops HD Pro X has a night-time illumination that is more "spotlight," lighting up the center of the view well but the illumination rapidly fading to black at the periphery. In contrast, the Elite HP4 has more a "floodlight" illumination that lights up the entire area, which I prefer.

Deer do not react to the cameras at all, except for the first time they see them, day or night. They stare at the box for awhile. Does will come up and sniff the camera. But they cannot see the light of the flash. Individual mature bucks come back through the cameras at night over and over and over.
I was checking trail cam pro about ordering a recon force elite hp4, but it list it as a "red glow". They are out of stock but want to make sure ordering correct cam once back in stock.
Thanks

BSK

I was checking trail cam pro about ordering a recon force elite hp4, but it list it as a "red glow". They are out of stock but want to make sure ordering correct cam once back in stock.
Thanks
Strange thing is, Trailcampro.com listed some of the Browning cams as "low-glow," yet in their own review videos, they said they were "no-glow." I can confirm both cameras are "no-glow."

Latest posts