A Rough Start to Christmas

Nimrod777

Nimrod777

Supporter
Planned to head out today after my daughter and my bride both got out of their school jobs at a half-day, intending to go see family in St. Louis for a few days.

HOWEVER...

Bride's BP has been acting wonky for the last few days, requiring me to pick her up yesterday morning to run her to the doc, whose only solution was to try another tweak of her meds.

My daughter's totally congested and just has that miserable slump to her face and shoulders that testifies to feeling lousy.

I've had a cold settling in on me for the past two days, despite doing my best to deny it. It's still digging claws in deep. Not Santa ones, either.

My son has every intention of appearing supportive, but the last place in the world he wants to be is trapped in a compact sedan with the three of us for 6 hours each way. Smart guy.

It would be better if it all resulted in a few days of chasing deer, head cold or not, but looks like only the ducks and fish are going to be happy this weekend. Ah well, guess I'll have to make do with video games, naps, and the La-Z-Boy!

TNCharlie

TNCharlie

Good grief! There is some nasty crap going around. My daughter has the flu and has been quarantined for three days. My son-in-law went out to get her flu meds (prescription, I forget the name) and had trouble finding a pharmacy that still had any.

Eat chicken soup. I don't know if it helps but it's good.

It's never a good time, but it is an extra shame that this happens on the holidays. Here's to a speedy recovery. We know that you have a supply of venison.

Nimrod777

Nimrod777

Supporter
I'm thrilled to have one deer to my name, which is one more than last season. Course, I've still go to successfully retrieve it from the processor.

We've already got the soup pot going strong. Gonna beat this thing!

catman529

catman529

Saturday evening should be good.

I got some sort of cold getting to me as well

Have to work Saturday too...leaves me almost no time to do Christmas shopping and who knows about deer hunting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

B

brass magnet

My granny always had a pint of Old Charter in the drawer with horehound candy dissolved in it for when you felt "chuggey". Two spoons would do ya. My mother would even go there for it,because she would NOT have that in her house!

BamaProud

BamaProud

Supporter
My little girl got sick on day #1 of her Christmas Break Day 2 at the Dr's office. Luckily its not Flu or strep....but she feels awful.

Dbllunger

Dbllunger

Supporter
Hate to hear it. Hope you and yours get on the mend quickly buddy.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Nimrod777

Nimrod777

Supporter
We're all still alive! My wife's BP seems to have leveled out alright. My cold has been moderate, but I have had a pain in my stomach like a dull knife that has been frustrating. Comes and goes, feels a bit like after you've had a bout of stomach flu, and leaves you hurting for a couple days, but no vomiting or fever. Had to preach part of the Christmas Eve services this morning and evening. Had to catch a catnap in the afternoon, but have been doing pretty well.

Sure makes you thankful for the health I often take for granted.

Thanks for the well-wishes, and hope you all stay healthy!