A real douche nugget...

BuckWild

The wife and I have been wearing out the white bass on the river for the last few weeks. Ran out yesterday morning around 8:00 to hit a spot that we've had good luck at. When I came up to the area, there was a bass boat sitting about 50 yards from where we had been catching them. I told my wife we would run to a different spot until that guy moved out. I was 100% sure we were targeting different species, but non the less, I decided to try a point on the other side of the river.

Twenty or so minutes later he had moved south a couple of hundred yards away, so I cranked up and eased over there.
I was probably 500 yards away at this time and by the time we got to our spot he was about 150 yards away.

We start fishing and bam we were catching two at a time. All of a sudden another bass rig comes into the picture and my wife says hey that's the blue boat that was out here yesterday afternoon. The boat had fished out on that flat for half a day the day before. He shuts off the engine, drops his trolling motor and starts checking his graph.

He's probably 75 to 100 yards from the first boat and heading away from him. Suddenly the first boat guy yells out. WHY DON'T YOU COME OVER AND TIE UP WITH ME!!! ARE YOU REALLY GOING TO RUN IN ON ME LIKE THAT???

The blue boat guy says I'm not running in on you. We fished here most of the day yesterday.
I DONT GIVE A FV*K WHERE YOU FISHED YESTERDAY...DONT RUN IN ON ME LIKE THAT. YOU NEED TO MOVE YOUR SH!T ABOUT 200 YARDS AWAY FROM ME. I WAS HERE FIRST. IF YOU DONT GET THE FV*K OUT OF HERE I"LL FOLLOW YOU THE REST OF THE DAY AND FV*K YOUR FISHING UP WHERE EVER YOU GO.

This exchange went on for several minutes. The blue boat guy handled it much better than I would have.

My wife kept saying is that guy for real??? After a couple of minutes she said that guy needs his ass kicked. LoL

I was starting to get pissed just listening. But the fish were biting and I'm too old for that crap now...LoL

megalomaniac

A little common sense and courtesy on both sides goes a long way.

This needs to be taught in hunters ed...

If someone is working the bank you want to work, pull in behind him and fish the water he already hit, don't cut in front.

If fishing schooling fish, pull in no closer than 2 casting lengths and darn sure don't drive over the school. Ask the other guy if he doesn't mind if you fish on the other side of the school. We used to do this on KY late all the time on schooling white bass in Aug. 4 or 5 boats fishing the same school, never pushed the fish off, everyone caught more than they needed.

My biggest complaint on the water are the jet skis and pleasure boaters. They seem to make a beeline for me throwing wakes everywhere.

WTM

If someone is working the bank you want to work, pull in behind him and fish the water he already hit, don't cut in front.

If fishing schooling fish, pull in no closer than 2 casting lengths and darn sure don't drive over the school. Ask the other guy if he doesn't mind if you fish on the other side of the school. We used to do this on KY late all the time on schooling white bass in Aug. 4 or 5 boats fishing the same school, never pushed the fish off, everyone caught more than they needed.

My biggest complaint on the water are the jet skis and pleasure boaters. They seem to make a beeline for me throwing wakes everywhere.
about 50 yards, if i can hit you with a 1/2 oz jig, youre too close.

7mm08

With you on this plus the clown show…..
1652711320236.jpeg

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I was fishing with my buddy one day on KY lake.
He said we are gonna go to this one point where I can promise you there have been more 5 & 6 pound bass caught right there than anywhere else on the lake.
When we got there someone was fishing it.
Oh well, we can hit it later.
It was some kind of "pro" I guess, and he had a co-angler.
My buddy said we will just scan it out here on the other side.
We were about 75 yards from the guy just idling and looking at the screen.
Then I heard a splash behind us.

My buddy turned around and said, Did he just throw at us?
I said, looks like he wanted to get your attention.
My buddy turned and got a little closer and asked the guy if he had a problem.
Dude was irate saying he was trying to make a living or something like that.
My guy said we are just scanning and no where near close enough to mess with your fish.
Dude started cussing and said he was gonna feed my buddy a DR25 or something like that.
Then he acted like he was gonna cast it at us.

I spoke up and said dude, I ain't got a dog in this race but I promise you, if you hit me with that I will beat your arse so bad your mamma will hurt for a week.

He spewed a couple more cuss words and then my buddy looked at me and asked if I had ever seen a toilet bowl.
I was like what?

Then he proceeds to hammer the 250 DOWN and we did two tight circles around the dude. :D

It was all pretty dayum stupid.

NumberOne

back in the day, there used to be a local pro like that, until he ran up on another local that he shouldnt have. i remember my BIL telling me, ive never seen someone hit so hard, i thought he was dead. i told him around here we call that an aaaassss whooping.
Initials SL? haha

Crow Terminator

My rule of thumb is, if I can understand/hear what you are saying with you talking in a normal tone from your boat, then you are too close to me. The same people that do that, are the same type people that will come into a restroom with 10 empty urinals and pick the one right beside you...like they want to rub weiners or something. If there ever was a pet peeve of mine for fishin, that's gonna be it. I can tolerate the jet skies and wake boats better than I can the fishermen that makes a beeline right to you when there's so many other places they could go. I couldn't tell you how many times I've been headed to a spot I really wanted to fish...only to see a boat already there and I just turn away and go somewhere else. Seldom do people give that same respect though...Chickamauga is super bad about people doing it. Most there are out of towners and if they see the TN registration numbers on your boat, they assume you're local and know where the good spots are. I seldom fish it because of that. Just this morning I was fishin some shell crackers beds and had a red bass boat come into the cove I was in. They come off plane and idled by me; I assume they were scanning to see what I was fishin and or I was in the spot they wanted. They didn't stop but instead, did a big figure 8 around me with their big motor trimmed down and heavy on the throttle and then took off. Their wakes nearly knocked me off the front deck. I wasn't even bass fishing like I assumed they were.

bluball

Ive had people 10ft from my poles while spiderrigging after they see you catch fish.I usually just put my head down and dont pay any attention when they get that close,if i look up i may get mad🤣Had an older couple that would do circles around me while i was catching fish but after a couple times they quit doing it.The older couple did quit fishing and watched me for probally an hr the first time they saw me pulling cranks,they were amazed

BuckWild

None of you guys need to go to Sardis in the spring...LoL

I was down there about 20 years ago with a good friend of mine that was one half of the pro wrestling tag team known as the Masked Infernos. We were easing through the timber at Blackwater Woods heading to a spot we'd fished the two days before. There were probably 75 boats scattered in the timber and we passed about 30 yards from a guy fishing. I slowed down a little more to make sure my wake didn't cause an issue and the dude started cussing at us. I stopped the boat and my buddy hollered out what did you say? The guy started out with a string of mf this and sob that. My buddy said hey Mr. there ain't no call for for all that. The guy threw his pole down, hit the trolling motor and headed our way. He kept coming wide open and BAM, rammed the side of my boat, still cussing like a mofo. My buddy jumped over in his boat, the guy stood up just in time to get a open palm face slap that sent him flying out of the boat. I swear he was 6 feet from the boat before his azz hit the water. LoL

Ole Billy reached over and took the keys out of his boat and stepped back on my boat and looked down at the guy and said Mr. you need to learn you some manners. He said we gonna hang your keys on a tree limb out here and you can spend some time looking for them and thinking about how you just messed up.

The water was about 4 feet deep and the guy was just standing there looking at us and never said another word. I think he was still in a daze.

We went on to where we were going to fish and didn't see him again. His keys were gone when we rolled out that afternoon. The Masked Inferno number 1 put the hurt on that old boy. LoL

Crow Terminator

Y'all didn't grow up fishing Tellico river for trout … I've seen more fights there than anywhere
That's where my dislike for people started, back when I was still in single digits of age, and probably why I have such a bad taste for people that do it to this day. I still to this day don't fish it on a weekend just because I know what is going to happen. But...I have been up there on a Tuesday and there only be 5 vehicles on the whole stocked river section that is fishing, and still have had people come right to the same run/hole I am at. It is rare though. You know who it's going to be too...They'll drive by slow and stop in the rd to watch you. If you happen to be reeling in a fish while they do this, it's guaranteed they'll be right on top of you as fast as they can get their rods out. Same as on the lake I guess. I've learned to not even set a hook if I am aware people are watching.

The best thing I've found to do is to just keep fishing and ignore them. It drives them absolutely mad when you keep catching fish and they can't, even when they are fishing the same run. And drives them even madder when you don't acknowledge them. My wife says Jesus would have to come back before I'll move when I get in that frame of mind. Haha 😄

Last edited:

Setterman

I have a simple philosophy since I was a serious river hot head back in the day. Come on in, get close, cut me off, do whatever you wish. But I'm going to catch more fish than you no matter what and the closer you get the better idea you'll get of how bad I'm beating your a$$ at what we are both trying to do.

I rarely say a word any more, and just catch more than the asshat with no ethics crowding me.

On the other hand if someone is polite and asks a legit question I'd damn near give them the fly I'm fishing with

Latest posts