a little down time reel servicing

WTM

34 years old and they still work as good as good as they did when i bought them. my ugly green bantams/curados still work too. keep em serviced and theyll last. mainly use them on short rods around docks, vertical jigging and tight cover.

no telling how many of these one particular celebrity bass fisherman sold for zebco in the 80's.

E4686A71-C001-495E-AA24-0C7377C063B0.jpeg

Last edited:

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
That is awesome man.
I have several of those that I picked up at a yard sale. Still on bass pro extreme rods.
Guy used them for striper fishing up North somewhere. :D

I use them for catfishing. :D

cowhunter71

Brought 2 Bantam 50's here with me 20yrs ago when I moved here from Fl. They already had years of saltwater abuse and several lunker Snook on them. They handle these BIG Rockfish with ease ;) Best BIG FISH reel ever made.

Harold Money jr

WTM, You've kept that reel looking brand new!! Even the writing on the top is in perfect condition. I rubbed the quantum off the first year I used mine in the 80's. Love those old reels!

Spurhunter

I've been breaking all my bass reels down, lubing them with Lucas Oil Fishing Reel Oil, and putting on new line. I still have a few of those old Quantums like yours, but I haven't used them in a few years.

WTM

Where were they made back then?
kind of interesting. these were made in japan, i imagine at the diawa factory since it looks just like a magforce reel from about that same time. the cheaper ones were made in korea. the quantum name also has a japanese meaning which also means fisherman. to get a japanese made diawa or shimano reel now you gonna pay 300-400 bucks for it.

Latest posts