A fine game of chess

megalomaniac

Curious what calls and sequence he wasn't responding too?
Starting out I used high pitched but soft clucks and mostly 3 note short yelps (almost squeaks) with occasional 4 or 5 not yelps. Nothing desperate sounding. He just wouldn't gobble to any if those, but kept coming gobbling a minute or so after calling. I got more desperate with longer pleading yelps when I realized he had not committed and was going to hang up well out of range. As he was beginning to lose interest, I threw out the jake caulking... but that fully convinced him not come in.

The second round was with a very raspy call and I was overly aggressive/ bossy. He jumped all over it, gobbling immediately to cut me off and closed from prob 125y to 25y in just a few minutes. Again, that was out of desperation... I didn't think I would have a chance at him and was testing the waters. Calling that aggressively with a finicky gobbler usually shuts them up and they leave... fast. For whatever reason, it flipped his switch tho.

Bgoodman30

Starting out I used high pitched but soft clucks and mostly 3 note short yelps (almost squeaks) with occasional 4 or 5 not yelps. Nothing desperate sounding. He just wouldn't gobble to any if those, but kept coming gobbling a minute or so after calling. I got more desperate with longer pleading yelps when I realized he had not committed and was going to hang up well out of range. As he was beginning to lose interest, I threw out the jake caulking... but that fully convinced him not come in.

The second round was with a very raspy call and I was overly aggressive/ bossy. He jumped all over it, gobbling immediately to cut me off and closed from prob 125y to 25y in just a few minutes. Again, that was out of desperation... I didn't think I would have a chance at him and was testing the waters. Calling that aggressively with a finicky gobbler usually shuts them up and they leave... fast. For whatever reason, it flipped his switch tho.
Interesting. I too get desperate, impatient and frustrated some times and probably call too much or too loud... Sometimes its what they want just have to take their temperature I guess..?

Latest posts