A critter I hadn't seen on camera before!

rifle02

Sometime in the recent past there was a discussion where people posted lists of all the critters they had seen on their cameras. I now have one that seemed unusual to add to my list. Took all my cameras up yesterday, actually there are only six of them. Was going to check batteries etc etc. The cards in all of them were last checked mid April so a little over a month. One of my most reliable cameras a Moultrie a900i got two pictures of a squirrel at 2:00 a.m. and again at around 2:30 a.m.!! Closer examination revealed it was a flying squirrel, not flying but climbing the side of a close tree. Interesting Little Critter to say the least. Something else I noticed that I haven't seen before is my wandering Bobcat who comes through once every week or so now has a friend! I believe with Bobcats the only time they are together is during mating season. Two different cameras each on opposite sides of the property captured them as a pair! How romantic. There may be baby Bobs around in the future.

BSK

I've caught a flying squirrel on cam just a couple of times. Same with screech owls, just a couple of times. The strangest I've caught on camera yet (for my place) was two otters. Up in the ridge-and-hollow hardwoods! WTF? And right behind them was a bobcat stalking them!

kaizen leader

Sometime in the recent past there was a discussion where people posted lists of all the critters they had seen on their cameras. I now have one that seemed unusual to add to my list. Took all my cameras up yesterday, actually there are only six of them. Was going to check batteries etc etc. The cards in all of them were last checked mid April so a little over a month. One of my most reliable cameras a Moultrie a900i got two pictures of a squirrel at 2:00 a.m. and again at around 2:30 a.m.!! Closer examination revealed it was a flying squirrel, not flying but climbing the side of a close tree. Interesting Little Critter to say the least. Something else I noticed that I haven't seen before is my wandering Bobcat who comes through once every week or so now has a friend! I believe with Bobcats the only time they are together is during mating season. Two different cameras each on opposite sides of the property captured them as a pair! How romantic. There may be baby Bobs around in the future.
Mine so far is a river otter at night on my patio.

rifle02

If I'm not mistaken Bobcat "rut" is in January. Maybe you are seeing a juvenile pair still together from last year?
I didn't know that about bobcats. The ones I see I do not believe are juveniles. But in the course of over a week they appeared together twice on each of two different cameras. First time I've ever seen more than one at a time.

Latest posts