A cold day at Dead Zero

MUP

I also can't shoot tight groups without a custom rifle, or at least a custom barrel. Granted, this factory rig likely won't win any competitions against those custom setups, but I like getting what I can get from less, and I'm happy with what I've been able to do, so far. Ruger Precision Rifle from factory, with a Timney trigger I installed is what I'm shooting.

Hduke86

It's just luck according to one of the "real" shooters out there. I don't have an app, so therefore I cannot shoot longer ranges.

ETA- And I don't claim to be a real shooter even, I'm just having fun 🙂
Well I'd spit some beech-nut in his eye and say "A country boy can survive" and then proceed to do some Kentucky windage out to a 1,000. Lol some people just ain't got nothing nice to say. He must have been picked last on the kickball team back in middle school

MUP

Well I'd spit some beech-nut in his eye and say "A country boy can survive" and then proceed to do some Kentucky windage out to a 1,000. Lol some people just ain't got nothing nice to say. He must have been picked last on the kickball team back in middle school
I guess I'm just hunting minded and not competition shooter minded, but I'm ok with that. 3 shot groups are not a good gauge of the rifles capabilities I've been told, and that's ok too, but 3 shots for me tells me that I'll have enough capability to hit what I'm aiming at, and likely be able to produce 2 good follow up shots if needed. 😉

Hduke86

I guess I'm just hunting minded and not competition shooter minded, but I'm ok with that. 3 shot groups are not a good gauge of the rifles capabilities I've been told, and that's ok too, but 3 shots for me tells me that I'll have enough capability to hit what I'm aiming at, and likely be able to produce 2 good follow up shots if needed. 😉
My frame of reference is, if I can put 3 shots in a Copenhagen can size circle then it's good enough for me.

backyardtndeer

I also can't shoot tight groups without a custom rifle, or at least a custom barrel. Granted, this factory rig likely won't win any competitions against those custom setups, but I like getting what I can get from less, and I'm happy with what I've been able to do, so far. Ruger Precision Rifle from factory, with a Timney trigger I installed is what I'm shooting.
Seems I read a while back that you said some of this shooting, maybe last summer, was done with a Nikon prostaff scope?

Yeah, sounds like someone is jealous of how well you are shooting without high dollar custom gear.

MUP

Seems I read a while back that you said some of this shooting, maybe last summer, was done with a Nikon prostaff scope?

Yeah, sounds like someone is jealous of how well you are shooting without high dollar custom gear.
That was on the 300 WinMag, and I took it as well that day but after I had thoroughly copper cleaned it the load that I had before that was holding sub MOA groups wasn't performing, so I'll have to revisit that one. Hopefully just have to tweak seating depth as I've worn about .015" off the lands of that barrel since I shot that particular load last.

Oh, and I hope that's the case. 😏