$8.26 and Biden's inflation

Wiley

And I'm not even supposed to eat this stuff due to being diabetic, but....... about once every 2 months or so I drive to the local Hardee's and get an omelette biscuit and one biscuit and gravy. It had been a couple of months so this morning I made the short drive and got my fix. I almost declined when he told me the cost at the order board but thought there might be a mistake. So I drive up to the window and yep, it's $8.26 and I didn't even get coffee since I still had a fresh half pot at home. I don't know what slice of inflation has caused that price to come about but, in my opinion, that's just too much for what I got and I may be done with fast food places all together. Hell, I may have to quit eating, period. A trip to the grocery store yesterday evening for a few things was $99.xx

RUGER

Supporter
I did almost the same thing not long ago
Mine was a Wendy’s cheeseburger with fries and a coke
Freaking 12 bucks

Kirk

Supporter
I work in the snack food manufacturing industry. The entire food manufacturing supply chain is really struggling right now. Lack of truck drivers is causing some really late deliveries of raw materials. A large portion of the raw material manufacturers tried to run through the pandemic. They couldn't hire anyone due to all the stimulus money and wore out the people that would work. Now the ones that were once willing to work, are rebelling.

Packaging has been hit hard due to the wood shortages a few months ago. The packaging producers can't get board to print on. The film that wraps the interior packages are seeing shortages due to the petroleum issues a few months ago. The dominos are falling right now. Costs are going up steadily. We are absorbing an average of 28% cost increase on all materials.

This is about to get real expensive. The stimulus money created excess consumer product demand, while causing the work force to stay at home. Perfect formula for runaway inflation.

NAjoe

I did almost the same thing not long ago
Mine was a Wendy’s cheeseburger with fries and a coke
Freaking 12 bucks
I stopped at the mcd’s in dresden the last time i was up. Just under $13 for one of their meals. Told the wife she was making pb&j’s before we did another road trip up there.

RUGER

Supporter
I work in the snack food manufacturing industry. The entire food manufacturing supply chain is really struggling right now. Lack of truck drivers is causing some really late deliveries of raw materials. A large portion of the raw material manufacturers tried to run through the pandemic. They couldn't hire anyone due to all the stimulus money and wore out the people that would work. Now the ones that were once willing to work, are rebelling.

Packaging has been hit hard due to the wood shortages a few months ago. The packaging producers can't get board to print on. The film that wraps the interior packages are seeing shortages due to the petroleum issues a few months ago. The dominos are falling right now. Costs are going up steadily. We are absorbing an average of 28% cost increase on all materials.

This is about to get real expensive. The stimulus money created excess consumer product demand, while causing the work force to stay at home. Perfect formula for runaway inflation.
This is true for just about all manufacturing plants

Hduke86

Sort of like Krystal’s if you pay with a card your meal costs more but with cash you get a “discount”. I thought the lady was kidding me at first cause I said “ you should be paying me to eat this” but she was telling the truth. I told them to cancel that and I would just go somewhere else.

Wildcat

Supporter
We all KNEW this was coming. We've been talking about it for the last few years and done nothing else since $15 an hour came up.

Add everything else and it starts to skyrocket. 3 1/2 years to go, anybody wants to guess how high it will be then????????

Hduke86

We all KNEW this was coming. We've been talking about it for the last few years and done nothing else since $15 an hour came up.

Add everything else and it starts to skyrocket. 3 1/2 years to go, anybody wants to guess how high it will be then????????
I don’t want to guess how high it will go cause it will be depressing. I’m fairly young at 35 and I drive older used vehicles and live in a smaller older home just for the simple fact that I don’t want to owe anyone but also to be able to somewhat “comfortably” live in this and the future economy.

MUP

Supporter
Sort of like Krystal’s if you pay with a card your meal costs more but with cash you get a “discount”. I thought the lady was kidding me at first cause I said “ you should be paying me to eat this” but she was telling the truth. I told them to cancel that and I would just go somewhere else.
That seems very suspicious!

Rabbitkil

I’ve been seeing more of these ads since he took office

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments. Attachments are hidden.

JeepKuntry

Most fast food combos are $8-10. And most of the time they mess the order up. Now I prefer to go to restaurants, pay a few dollars more and get fresh food.

jb3

My son worked his first job this summer in construction. He worked mostly half-days so lunch wasn't needed, but on days where he worked a full day, he went to lunch with the other guys. Since it was only once a week, I paid for it. Gave him $10 a day. The first time he used his debit card just to get a coke and candy bar one day opened his eyes. He did not like it. Some of the guys buy breakfast at a local gas station in the morning, buy lunch somewhere, then at times buy something when the day is done. Told him next year he is taking his lunch just like I do or he's buying it. He said he has no problem taking his lunch.

TAFKAP

Most fast food combos are $8-10. And most of the time they mess the order up. Now I prefer to go to restaurants, pay a few dollars more and get fresh food.

This is the answer....

And support the mom & pop restaurants, their employees, and the local economy

Latest posts