• Help Support TNDeer:

7 States On The Verge Of Herd Immunity

megalomaniac

We are almost to the point where those who have been vaccinated and those who have had the disease can take off the masks. Thise who are not comfortable with that can still continue to isolate at home until we reach 90% herd immunity.

As far as life goes, I'm doing whatever I want at this point. Although my immunity will not last forever, it sure feels good to not have to worry about catching it again for the time being.

backyardtndeer

That is interesting. Tennessee was near the bottom of the list on vaccine administration according to a news report yesterday.

Wonder how this is figured? Lee opened things up way ahead of most states.

WTM

notice that those were the states that did not completely shut down.

fyi, do a google search and youll find nothing on this, except that it is racist and a dangerous theory.

PalsPal

That is interesting. Tennessee was near the bottom of the list on vaccine administration according to a news report yesterday.

Wonder how this is figured? Lee opened things up way ahead of most states.
Could be several factors.

Remember when Tennessee was a hotspot?

That determination was made by the rate of positive tests. Add to that the people who actually have had the disease but were never tested, either by not wanting to or they were asymptomatic.

While there is no way to get an accurate number I'd be really curious to know the actual percentage of Tennesseans who had the virus.

megalomaniac

Could be several factors.

Remember when Tennessee was a hotspot?

That determination was made by the rate of positive tests. Add to that the people who actually have had the disease but were never tested, either by not wanting to or they were asymptomatic.

While there is no way to get an accurate number I'd be really curious to know the actual percentage of Tennesseans who had the virus.
It's in the chart... 45% estimated infected in TN. Take actual positives and multiply x 4.

poorhunter

Yes I’ve read that and other articles, but I’ve also read many that say Covid will be like the flu or the cold and we’ll be getting it off and on forever just like those diseases. I also think the panic over Covid will at least in some way continue as well...Covid will continue to be weaponized for political and cultural purposes.

BMan

Yes I’ve read that and other articles, but I’ve also read many that say Covid will be like the flu or the cold and we’ll be getting it off and on forever just like those diseases. I also think the panic over Covid will at least in some way continue as well...Covid will continue to be weaponized for political and cultural purposes.

Now that the weak (no disrespect intended) have died, it will probably be exactly like the common cold - just as many people pointed out early on. The wuhan flu is new to us, but it is nonetheless a similar virus to the common cold and we have no idea how many people died from the common cold the first year or two it was around.

As each year goes by, the kung flu will be like every other seasonal disease - an inconvenience but not a major cause of death.

BMan

im sure the media will ramp up how deadly the new variants will become in order for the left to keep the power grab.

They'd better get started then - CNN's Gupta was on television stating that herd immunity would be here by spring or summer.

Hardwoodmaterials

I can't believe people in general was dumb enough to buy in to the "Covid is going to kill us all" garbage that has been shoved down every ones throat 24/7 for the last year. No more people died last year than in previous years BUT we have cured a pile of illnesses by the power of Covid killed them. Almost every death has been listed as covid related since they have started this mess.
I already know a handful of you are going to bust in with I know XXXXX amount of people that have died of Covid in the past 12 months. Here is the real question you should ask yourself. How many people do you know that has died of any other reasons than "Covid/Covid related" in the last 12 months? My mom passed in October and was listed as Covid related since she tested positive for Covid about 3 months before she passed. Covid had ZERO to do with what killed her. She had a long running issue that was getting progressively worse well before Covid was even here and she finally passed due to complications of the issue.

Kimber45

I didn’t die from it, but was pretty sick.. and still have lingering issues a month later. It’s not a “cold” or “flu” for most older folks. Some of our self-proclaimed billybadasses need to volunteer to go get a round of covid.. see what your results are. I’m not for “hiding” from it, but I’m not much on playing the California-care-free mindset either, or russian roulette. Yes the media are idiots, yes the politicians are liars, and No.. we still don’t know much about this crap as it’s only been around a year+. But, for any one of us who really doesn’t know a dayum thing about it either, to belittle others choices on how to react to avoid this stuff, is beyond ignorant. Not a dayum one of us are a covid expert,. All I KNOW is that people who wouldn’t have died the day they died (most likely), died of Covid... and some died miserably. Leaving sick, sad and distraught family behind. We can be some heartless sobs around here at times, to be such a great group otherwise

Crappieaddict

I don’t trust the media. I don’t trust the government. In fact, I despise both. COVID is real. The impact and severity lies somewhere between the government/media portrayals and the “this ain’t nothing“ crowd. I will continue to be cautious. I won’t stay confined at home. I will most likely get the vaccine when I am eligible.

Primary

Primary

TNDeer Assistant
Here are some related products that TNDeer members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TNDeer’s partner,Primary, where you can find links to TNDeer discussions about these products.

Latest posts