6mm Rem

StalkingWolf

I have owned a Rem 700 BDL in 6mm Rem since 1985. It is still my favorite deer rifle. It is frustrating that ammo for this rifle is almost nonexistent any more. I have about 80 rounds left. The only time I shoot it now is to check each year before season and what few deer I shoot with it. I hope the ammo manufacturers haven't totally discarded this caliber. That means if I live 20 more years I can only shoot 4 rounds a year. That kind of sucks when you put it that way.

rukiddin

My Ruger M77 6mm shoots the old grey box winchesters incredibly well. I overpaid for'em but bought 3 boxes on line plus the partial box I had and I was tickled to death because I know I'll never have to buy anymore for it. Here I am with 70 ish rounds and set for life and most likely my daughters and you got 80 rounds and worried. Hahaha

Edited to add: I just looked and there's plenty of ammo available on gunbroker. Is it high? Yes. I guess you just got figure out how bad you want it.

Last edited:

Boll Weevil

I love looking for ammo, or any hunting related stuff, for others. I am always on the prowl looking at hunting/shooting stuff, so will keep my eyes open. You have given me a challenge. :)
Andy, If you come across some 110gr Barnes or Accubond in 270wsm in your ammo scavenger hunt zip me a text. Lil bro been looking for months to try in his new iron but no dice. Doubletap and Federal had'em but they've become rare as hen's teeth.

Pilchard

I have one as well. It's one of my favorites. What I've seen for sale is incredibly high. I too hope that the manufacturers start pumping out a few rounds again.

My gun loves corelokts. @dmonty if the OP doesn't want the rounds, I'll take them. I'd be happy to trade or buy but want to give him the first pass given it's his post.

StalkingWolf

I have a couple of boxes of Hornady 100 gr that i will probably sell or trade if your interested
Thanks, I truly appreciate the offer. I have plenty. I just wanted to whine a little because I can't buy Remington corelokts any longer. I do have the reloading equipment and brass to reload. I stopped reloading probably 20 years ago. I guess I just got lazy. Looks like it's time to clean up my press and get busy.

Last edited:

StalkingWolf

My Ruger M77 6mm shoots the old grey box winchesters incredibly well. I overpaid for'em but bought 3 boxes on line plus the partial box I had and I was tickled to death because I know I'll never have to buy anymore for it. Here I am with 70 ish rounds and set for life and most likely my daughters and you got 80 rounds and worried. Hahaha

Edited to add: I just looked and there's plenty of ammo available on gunbroker. Is it high? Yes. I guess you just got figure out how bad you want it.
Thanks. I will check out gunbroker.

mr.big

39486D5B-70C8-4459-AC4F-314F262B332C.jpeg

7X57

Andy, If you come across some 110gr Barnes or Accubond in 270wsm in your ammo scavenger hunt zip me a text. Lil bro been looking for months to try in his new iron but no dice. Doubletap and Federal had'em but they've become rare as hen's teeth.
Choice Ammunition has a ton of .270WSM in stock now. Great company to deal with too.

DaveB

I reload because some trusted Factory ammo let me down.

Since 2010 or so I have not allowed myself to run out of just about anything.

Get what you need to load your own. You have one recipe that works pretty good pictured above.