6 point!

Speedwell-Hunter

Well morning started out a little rough. Jumped some deer at the stand which they had bedded right in front of it. Got up in the tree noticed my pull string was stuck to a limb and had to climb down to get it loose so I could pull my bow up. As I was getting out of the tree my tree stand had shifted on me just waiting to see wha else could go wrong. Wasn't settled back in the stand 30 min and this 6 point snuck in on me he tried catching wind and was getting nervous so he decided to turn and walk away and as he got broadside I let one fly. Ran about 30 to 40 yards. My biggest 6 point and my 2nd bow buck kill.
Hey OP, I enjoy estimating B&C (Boone and Crockett) scores for white tail;

• I like to practice so when I am in the field I can estimate on the fly.
  • It is fun to see what folks are shooting and engage.
  • All my scores are based on photos you posted to here, thus it may not be accurate. Normal B&C scores are done with a 1/4-inch wide flexible steel tape to the nearest one-eighth of an inch. I do not go to the 1/8 inch. I do whole inches and go off photos and use things in the photos for approximate references!
  • Also, I do gross score and don't do the whole subtract for atypical stuff.
  • Of note, circumference (mass) is tough to gauge off of photos

Based on your photo, my estimate B&C for your deer is: 87 points.

Remember there may be some error due to estimates, thus a margin of error of around 5-8 points.

Hridge

Well morning started out a little rough. Jumped some deer at the stand which they had bedded right in front of it. Got up in the tree noticed my pull string was stuck to a limb and had to climb down to get it loose so I could pull my bow up. As I was getting out of the tree my tree stand had shifted on me just waiting to see wha else could go wrong. Wasn't settled back in the stand 30 min and this 6 point snuck in on me he tried catching wind and was getting nervous so he decided to turn and walk away and as he got broadside I let one fly. Ran about 30 to 40 yards. My biggest 6 point and my 2nd bow buck kill
Well morning started out a little rough. Jumped some deer at the stand which they had bedded right in front of it. Got up in the tree noticed my pull string was stuck to a limb and had to climb down to get it loose so I could pull my bow up. As I was getting out of the tree my tree stand had shifted on me just waiting to see wha else could go wrong. Wasn't settled back in the stand 30 min and this 6 point snuck in on me he tried catching wind and was getting nervous so he decided to turn and walk away and as he got broadside I let one fly. Ran about 30 to 40 yards. My biggest 6 point and my 2nd bow buck kill.
i think we have all had that day when you come in late, drop your release, forget to tie you bow to your pull string, etc…. Great deer and congrats!!!

waywolf

Nice 6 pt. Congrats man!

Latest posts