6.5 Creedmoor Kill

MUP

What are you guys shooting in your creedmoors? I shot one the other day straight through the heart but there was little blood trail. Exit hole was like the bullet did surgery on him.
I haven't hunted with yet, but worked up a sub MOA load for mine using 140 gr NBTs over 39.0 gr of IMR4451 Enduron. Shoots sub MOA out to at least 600 yds, that's the farthest I've shot it so far.

Strict

Bought a Bergera in 6.5 last year and my son a Tikka .243. I can't get the Bergera to group right but the Tikka is sub MOA.

UTGrad

Bought a Bergera in 6.5 last year and my son a Tikka .243. I can't get the Bergera to group right but the Tikka is sub MOA.

I had a similar issue with a Tikka .270 until I discovered the issue. I'd let the barrel and fore stock free recoil off the front rest from the bench. I started holding the fore stock when shooting and it went sub MOA. Keep trouble shooting cause I bet the Bergara shoots.

UTGrad

What are you guys shooting in your creedmoors? I shot one the other day straight through the heart but there was little blood trail. Exit hole was like the bullet did surgery on him.
I shoot the Hornady Precision Hunter 143 grain ELD-X. It's a softer cup and core that will expand down to 1600 FPS. The Creedmoor doesn't have magnum velocities so it won't explode at close range. The 143 ELD-X also has one of the best ballistic coefficients and sectional densities of the factory 6.5 loadings. If it shoots well in your gun it's hard to beat.

JArender

I have yet to understand why all the hate for a creedmoor unless it's due to all the published hype it carries. .264 is an excellent choice in any offerings. i've been killing deer with a .260 since 1997 out of a 1.5 moa 18" model seven. i've since added a 6.5 cm and prc to the safe and both do the same job but with my hand loads both are sub 1/2.

congrats

tikkashooter

I ignored the 6.5 Creedmoor buzz until this past summer when I started looking to add another Tikka to the stable. I got to researching the 6.5 Creedmoor and discovered it's merits. I bought a 24" barrel Tikka T3x 6.5 and right off the bat it shot Hornady Precision Hunter 143 grain ELD-X sub MOA. I liked the ballistic performance and long range capabilities with very little recoil.

I got to witness first hand the killing ability of the 6.5 mm bullet this week. For a couple days we've observed a young buck limping all over our lease. I wasn't sure if he had been shot or was injured. I passed on him the day before but the next morning he stood broadside posing at 235 yards and let the 143 grain ELD-X 6.5 Creedmoor rip. Heart shot and he did a little circle as the blood was pulsating out his side and crashed right where he stood.

Count me as a fan of the 6.5 Creedmoor. I know it's bashed a lot but I think it's inherently accurate, light recoil and carries a lot of energy down range. Clean pass through at 235 yards.
From one "tikkashooter" to another, congratulations brother!

TNRifleman

Congrats and great shot. I really don't understand the hatred for a cartridge that shows up, especially when it is extremely similar to the beloved 7mm-08 and almost identical to the Rem. 260. I still prefer to hunt with my long actions (270, 30-06 and 280AI) but the 6.5 makes for a great deer round in a light rifle with low recoil. I shot a 150 lb hog in TX last summer at 237 yards with a 140 gr. ELD M. She ran 15 yards and piled up. Would not be my first choice for elk but for most other hunting in the US, it will work great.

For hunting, I am mainly shooting 140 gr Accubonds now and have had great results.

7mm08

I ignored the 6.5 Creedmoor buzz until this past summer when I started looking to add another Tikka to the stable. I got to researching the 6.5 Creedmoor and discovered it's merits. I bought a 24" barrel Tikka T3x 6.5 and right off the bat it shot Hornady Precision Hunter 143 grain ELD-X sub MOA. I liked the ballistic performance and long range capabilities with very little recoil.

I got to witness first hand the killing ability of the 6.5 mm bullet this week. For a couple days we've observed a young buck limping all over our lease. I wasn't sure if he had been shot or was injured. I passed on him the day before but the next morning he stood broadside posing at 235 yards and let the 143 grain ELD-X 6.5 Creedmoor rip. Heart shot and he did a little circle as the blood was pulsating out his side and crashed right where he stood.

Count me as a fan of the 6.5 Creedmoor. I know it's bashed a lot but I think it's inherently accurate, light recoil and carries a lot of energy down range. Clean pass through at 235 yards.
Great round...... problem is we act like brothers on this site and give each other a hearty dose of crap from time to time... for fun mostly!!!
Congrats from a guy that uses a " girl gun " as my buddy calls it.....7mm08!!