45-70 conversion

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I could probably search, but as we all know, I am lazy.

So what all is involved with this conversion I am seeing on here?
You take a 45-70 barrel and send it off somewhere?
Then shoot smokeless powder in it as a muzzleloader?

Just curious.

280longshot

The other part of the equation is finding a 45-70 barrel!. I have been looking for one for a TC Encore and can't find one.

TN Larry

That is pretty much it. Most convert an Encore or H&R but have seen a CVA. I bought the barrel that Howa converted for the Encore a few months ago. I really like it. There are a couple of places that will convert the barrel. I think they charge around $125-$150.

fullstream

TN Larry said:
That is pretty much it. Most convert an Encore or H&R but have seen a CVA. I bought the barrel that Howa converted for the Encore a few months ago. I really like it. There are a couple of places that will convert the barrel. I think they charge around $125-$150.

Slufoot does it for $80 & you just have to order a plug from Luke they run $30.

280longshot

Ruger

Not sure if it's appropriate to post Slufoots information on here but I have the contact information whenever you need it. I got in contact with him on Dougs message board.

TN Larry

fullstream said:
TN Larry said:

Slufoot does it for $80 & you just have to order a plug from Luke they run $30.

I meant to say that it cost around $125 - $150 total after paying shipping to and from, or at least that is what I have read and been told. I think that SMI is around the same as Slufoot. Mine was converted by SMI. I have heard good things from both.

Latest posts