40BUCK MIDDAY GIFT CERT with purchase of VORTEX CROSSFIRE II

Carlos

That may be a good deal for somebody needing a scope.
I've had trouble with Vortex, and I won't use them anymore. I feel like they built scopes that were good quality for awhile but lately it seems the quality has changed.
Just my experience, lots of people love their scopes.

batten_down

I've had trouble with Vortex, and I won't use them anymore. I feel like they built scopes that were good quality for awhile but lately it seems the quality has changed.
I was considering one. What problems have you had?

Carlos

I was considering one. What problems have you had?
The one I got never would sight-in properly. It would bounce all around the target, at 50 yards on my 308. I wasted almost a whole box of rounds because of it.
Around that same time, much buddy brought his over to sight in. The turret for the wind age stopped adjusting on his. He sent it back they repaired it for free, and said it was something about a faulty O ring in the turret. This happened in November, so I let him borrow one of my spare rifles thru deer season.
(I got a refund for mine.)

I've decided to only buy Leupolds from now on, the base models aren't that pricey, and seem to be very well-built.

batten_down

The one I got never would sight-in properly. It would bounce all around the target, at 50 yards on my 308. I wasted almost a whole box of rounds because of it.
Around that same time, much buddy brought his over to sight in. The turret for the wind age stopped adjusting on his. He sent it back they repaired it for free, and said it was something about a faulty O ring in the turret. This happened in November, so I let him borrow one of my spare rifles thru deer season.
(I got a refund for mine.)

I've decided to only buy Leupolds from now on, the base models aren't that pricey, and seem to be very well-built.
Good to know. I was thinking about one for an AR build. Just to try because I've been happy with my binocs. May go a different route now. Thanks

Forvols

I have a Vortex Viper HST 4-16x44 on my 308, love it never had a issue. Its about 5-9yrs old(not sure when I bought it also its the only gun the scope has been on).. What Vortex model gave you issues?

Shag

I'm not a Vortex fan either. I've tried 2 models of their red dots and both were like they had negative magnification...they actually made things look smaller. I traded both of those off. I still have 3 Diamondbacks. The 2-7x35 has negative magnification til about 4 power. I also have two 4-12's...the glare looking towards the sun is horrible! And they ghost on higher magnification. I'll not buy another. I actually plan to replace those three with similar power Leupold optics. Never had a problem with Leupold. VX Freedoms and Riflemans are head and shoulders above the Vortex's I own.

Edit: I guess I should add, they have all tracked as they should and held zero. Clarity and magnification suck though. At least to my eyes.

Last edited:

Carlos

I have a Vortex Viper HST 4-16x44 on my 308, love it never had a issue. Its about 5-9yrs old(not sure when I bought it also its the only gun the scope has been on).. What Vortex model gave you issues?

Mine was a Sonora... his was a Copperhead.

Latest posts