40 yds+sapplings=no turkey

Ladys man

went hunting today after work(taking everyones advise) intended on hunting but didn realize how crunchy the leaves were so turned into a scouting trip. while walking i liked the way the woods looked so walked in 10 yrds in the woods there is 4 toms scratching but in mix of sappling so no good shot at first, but had my mouth call in gave a couple soft yelps the started strutting around then only shooting lane i have 2 toms walk in thw same time so choose to wait and never got another shot, but an awesome expirance.

catman529

That's cool but sorry you didn't connect. Did they not ever come any closer? I called a lone tom on opening morning and shot through some thick saplings with only tiny shooting openings, but he came into 25 yards.

Spurhunter

Kudos to you for not taking an unethical shot! Ethical actions seem to be on the decline these days. You have some good intel now that will help you in the days to come. Good luck!

PinchPoint

Spurhunter said:
Kudos to you for not taking an unethical shot! Ethical actions seem to be on the decline these days. You have some good intel now that will help you in the days to come. Good luck!
x2

Ladys man

thanks i was talking to a friend he said the crunching of leaves will sound like hens scratching, it makes sence tho? any input on that

Latest posts