March 16 & 17
April 20 & 21
May 18 & 19
Jun. 22 & 23
July 13 & 14
Aug. 17 & 18

For more info. call Matt @ Benton Sporting Clays--423-338-6034
or Manda @ 706-422-9840 (afternoons)

Directions---From GA.--North on Hwy 411, after you cross under the hwy 64 overpass, continue straight for 2.5 miles. Turn left onto Benton Station Rd. (behind BP gas station) go straight for 2.5 miles, Turn left onto Upper River Rd. (do not go under train tressell) and Benton Sporting Clays is 200 yards on left.

From Benton Shooters Supply- south hwy411, immediate right onto Benton Station Rd. after red light, go 2 miles, under tressell, turn right onto Upper river rd., 200 yards on left.Benton

Crow Terminator

I will be there Saturday but probably not going to shoot it myself. Doc says I got an upper respiratory infection and pneumonia all wrapped in one nice little package. Wife is wanting to try her new bow out and has a couple of her girly friends gonna come join her in shooting so I guess I will try and make it around.

Crow Terminator

I couldn't stand it...had to try shooting today. It was all I could do to finish walking the course...guess I wasn't feeling as good as I thought. Just shot a fun round...shot 8 up on it but it was a fairly easy course. I was just glad to get around without having to have somebody wheel me out.

Poleaxe

Crow Terminator said:
I couldn't stand it...had to try shooting today. It was all I could do to finish walking the course...guess I wasn't feeling as good as I thought. Just shot a fun round...shot 8 up on it but it was a fairly easy course. I was just glad to get around without having to have somebody wheel me out.

Dang dude. U got to take it easy being that sick. U musta had a steroid shot recently to have the energy to do that.

Crow Terminator

Naw they gave me the Z-Pack of azithromycin...most of all I think it was cabin fever. All I've done is sit and look at the Lancaster Archery catalog and watched the Bow Junky video coverage from the ASA shoot....got me wanting to get out. This 3D stuff has got me worse than the pneumonia.

I'm not sure I like the buying of "Mulligans" they had this weekend. I hope that's something that wont catch on and will be short lived. That's part of the 3D game....not having any do overs. That just means that people with money to blow can use it to better their score. I will just pay the normal fee to shoot and not worry with mulligans or anything else. I would hate to think that it cost me $50+ to get a score high enough to "win" a cheap plaque. lol

Crow Terminator

I don't know if there was a limit on how many you could buy...but they were $1 each. I don't exactly see how that's going to play out to be honest with you. These local shoots are all based on the honor system anyway. Without any range officials present, and not mixing groups up...anybody with a pencil and eraser can pencil whip their way into first. Who's to say that people aren't already going out and shooting targets 2+ times and taking the best scoring arrow of the two and writing it down??

That's why I don't shoot for a trophy in the local shoots....I like to shoot against myself. I wish they had a "fun" class...where you can just go pay $5-$7.50 and shoot the course and not have anything to win. They pay $15 to shoot for trophy...why not have an option to just pay half of that to go shoot and not be in contention to "win" anything?

stik

Crow Terminator said:
That's why I don't shoot for a trophy in the local shoots....I like to shoot against myself. I wish they had a "fun" class...where you can just go pay $5-$7.50 and shoot the course and not have anything to win. They pay $15 to shoot for trophy...why not have an option to just pay half of that to go shoot and not be in contention to "win" anything?

eagles wings always had a fun class.

Crow Terminator

I wish Eagle's Wings was still having shoots too!! Was ALWAYS a great shoot up there. The remaining local shoots (that I know about) will only let you shoot a discounted fun round AFTER you have shot a round for score/trophy.

HogHvn

$15 is cheap fun. I will pay the $15 and shoot for fun anyway. Where else can you have this much fun for such a cheap price.

Crow Terminator

A lot of places :) I can shoot for fun in the backyard for free. And have a dang good dinner at Texas Roadhouse for $15. Archery is anything but cheap fun. Every shoot I go to is $30 for my wife and I. All to shoot 20 targets and it takes about an hour to do.

Shoot all 8 shoots from Jan - Aug and that $15 each grows to $240 just at one location. Shoot two or three places a month and now we are at $720 in just entry fees for the season. That's a new bow...or rifle...or a good hunting lease per yr :) That's not counting the "have to have" gadgets you will buy to play the game (new releases, trying different arrows, etc). Or travel/hotel costs if you shoot any bigger shoots.

I'm actually weighing the balances between participation in local 3D shoots and just buying my own 3D range and setting it up on my place. These other local shoots have an average of 80 shooters per shoot...sometimes a lot more. 80 shooters x 8 shoots a yr @ $15 per person = practically paying for all your targets in one season. Not bad for one weekend a month.

Latest posts