350 legend

philsanchez76

basically a suped up 357 mag

it was designed for mid west state that dont allow rifle cartridges unless straight wall

there claim to fastest straight walled cartridge is BS
X2.

i have a 357 mag rifle I like and a really hot loaded magnum is basically the same thing as the 350 just like DA said. I kill deer and hogs with it but only up to 100 yards. Loses quite a bit of power after that it seems.

Madbowh

I bought one for my daughter last year looked it so much I went and got one on the way back from the range that day. It's shooting pretty quick out to about 300 yards which we probably will never shoot that far. Less kick than a.243. I got 2 savages. I like them both. I'll still hunt with my. 270 but it's nice having 2 good deer rifles especially with ammo the way it is. The only issue I've had was at the magazine really needs to be locked in right/good off not it is hard putting the second round in. After a couple boxes of ammo it was working smooth.

Plateau Hunter

Great little short range round only killed two small white tails with my Ruger American at about 40 yards, 2 bam flops pass through chest 170g Hornady…accurate, low recoil…a very nice round within its limits…

Terrier

I've been shooting a .357 Maximum for many years. It's an awesome round. Very gentle kicking, yet packs a wallop. I'm pretty comfortable with it out to 150 yards, but generally opt for something else if I'm going to have longer possible shots. It's my go-to for woods hunting.

The 350 Legend duplicated the 357 Maximum with minute changes so someone could lay claim to the concept. This is pretty much the same thing that happened with the 300 Whisper that was copied by the 300 Blackout. Virtually the same round, but different name, so someone could market it as a new thing to make profits off someone else's work...

Terrier

BTW, the maximum point blank range (MPBR) of the 350 Legend with a 180 gr bullet is 185 yards, meaning, in this case, that if you zeroed at 158 yards, your bullet will not exceed 3" above or below the zero. After 185 yards, the bullet starts dropping at an accelerated pace, and will go to ground by about 300 yards. Shooting past 185 yards with one of these isn't a great idea, but most actual hunting situations in TN are a lot less than that. For anyone that's recoil sensitive, be it kids, ladies, or a big, burly man, the 350 Legend or the 357 Max is just about perfect.

east_tn_gk

I am a big fan. Built an AR for deer hunting in 350. Killed 3 nice does with it last year, not much tracking. Yes, it's basically a 357 magnum (which is not a bad thing). Yes, it's what I consider a short range/ brush gun. It has very mild recoil and works well in bolt or semi-auto rifles. If you want a long range rifle, this is not your cartridge. If you want a round that will flat out put deer down inside 150 yards, give it a try.

Jmed

I bought one to be legal in Ohio. I was shocked at its accuracy. I got a mossberg patriot bantam ($225 gun) and it is sub MOA out of the box. The first shot at a critter anchored a nice big 8 point at about 90 yards, he ran 15 and tipped over.

Both my daughters shot it last year and the recoil was lighter than the .243 they had both been shooting (8 and 12 years old at the time). I wouldn't buy one for long range shooting, but they weren't designed for that either.