35 Remington

CHRIS WILSON

My hunting buddy has a Marlin chambered in 35 Remington. He's had trouble finding ammo for quite a while now. What he has found has been pretty expensive, upwards of $60+ a box. I don't believe it's extinct but with everything going on in the ammo industry, companies have been focusing on their big sellers.....9 mm, 5.56, 308, etc. Cartridges like the 35 Remington have unfortunately fallen by the wayside during this time. Your best bet in finding ammo is probably going to be search engine sites like Ammoseek.

Blockhouse

Thanks I'll try that. Some guy on utube keeps bragging about the 35 too - not helping matters. I thought I had a secret!

Blockhouse

Mine won't shoot the winchesters. Pie plate at 25 yds is a gamble. Remingtons cloverleaf. Not sure why as they look identical but aren't. The lever revolutions shoot well too.

44 mag

I love a 35 caliber. The only thing I have found in a very long time as far as loaded ammo is 35 whelen and that surprised me. Good luck in your search. It is out there but its high that giraffe *****.

Jbbivens

Get on midway usa and other reloading sites. Select the bullets you want and add yourself to the be notified when in stock. They will eventually run another batch. Might take several months.

Deerhunter

Was digging thru the reloading room earlier and stumbled on some gold! Trying to decide whether to sell or keep. I've probably got a lifetime supply loaded up now.
20221224_182343.jpg

Stumper

I just bought 2 boxes of Winchester 200 Gr. Power Points from Cabelas on line. I needed to get some brass. $54 a box. Friend had 15 new cases he gave me, so it's a start. I reacquired this rifle I gave to a farmer friend 20 years ago. I am casting 200 gr. lead with GC's and PC. Have not shot it yet. Also loaded some 158gr. and180 gr. Hornady XTP's and gonna see what does the beswt. A2460 powder to start out with.

7mm08

I'm lined up.
4 boxes of Power Point found (Knightrider found me 2 )

Got some brass and bullets from Deerhunter
A .35 REM reloading book fro TennTrapper

My friend that thought me reloading has prepped the brass and I pick it up this weekend

RCBS came thru with dies etc

And I have tons of Varget & primers so about to start.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Last edited:

Latest posts