30-30 LeveRevolution Ammo

SuperX2

I shoot a 336 Marlin chambered in 30-30 and have been shooting Winchester 150gr Powerpoint Ammo. I'm thinking about giving the Hornady LeveRevolution load (160gr) a try since I could use a little extra distance at times.

Anyone had experience with the Hornady load, good, bad or ugly?

I'm assuming it will modify my zero pretty noticeably...

Thanks for your help, guys!

LeatherLungz

I report only good things for leverevo ammo. I shoot them in .357,.44,.35Rem and 450Marlin. You can now buy the SST bullets for reloading your own now too.

Leon

LeatherLungz

chrmayo said:
Hey leatherlungz how did they do in the .357
They are confidence builders if you're using your 357 for deer. My rifle is barely broken in though, so bout anything shoots fine a far as factory ammo. I did notice a slight feeding drag situation but maybe because I was pussyfooting the lever operation. If deliberate, they feed good.

cecil30-30

I also have a 336,and shoot the 150gr power points.I tried them when they first came out,they feed fine in my gun,but they perforemed about the same at 100yds,so i didn't bother to keep buying them.I feel confident in my 30-30 out to 150yds maybe a touch further if I have a good rest and can take my time,so no need to change ammo.

WTM

i have got some but havent shot them yet. have a bunch of deer i need to thin out so i will be shooting different loads to kinda test out. will be shooting leverevolution first out to 300 yards, and then move on to 170 gr remington and nosler out to 200-225 yards, if they all group good at those ranges with my rifle. ill post the results with terminal pics to let you guys see how it turned out.

later in the year ill probably turn to a 44 mag or heavy loaded 45 LC at 200 yard ranges.

SuperX2

Thanks, guys. Good input.

One question I have for those of you who have killed a good number of deer with the LeveRevolution rounds: Do you see much more knock-down power with this ammo or is there not really much of a noticeable difference?

(I realize with a 30-30 there probably would be a negligible difference with kills made at 100 yards or less. I guess I'm thinking of the power difference at 150 yards plus.)

Thanks, guys!

10mm4me

Killed a doe on a slow trot @ 210yds w/iron sights w/308mx leverevolution. Dropped her in her tracks. Didn't go a foot in any direction.

WTM

shot a 100 lb doe yesterday on my quota tag. 80 yard shot, blew thru both shoulders. exit wound was about the size of my fist with shoulder bone sticking out, nasty. heart and lungs were mush. deer went about 20 ft and drt'd. accuracy was pretty good at about 1" out of my 1972 win 94 standard.

Latest posts