3-Rifles for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimber45

Boy what a sad thread this was from start to finish. So many things should've / could've been handled better. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come for this site. This is one of the first threads in my 10+ years on this site that doesn't make me proud to say I'm a member.
Current ownership "seemingly" does not give .02shits what happens in the classified.. Which is surprising, given it's a top 3 site $ earner and, driven by "sales Ads" for income..and absolute freeeasy/$..as far as the classified goes. Beyond "earnings" or the lack thereof .. what concerns me most is the lack of giveadamn, far beyond the loss of income for the site. I sure do miss Ruger running this spot… Oh well, what I have to remember is it's in no way mine, and my opinion or thoughts are now meaningless .. Im SO thankful I was able to keep the stupidity out of the Classified for so many years. I'm also very thankful to the MANY who messaged etc over the years in appreciation of the work it took to do so.. To those of you who were man enough to be MEN in here for years… Thank you so much… And for the rest, I guess you and Biden will enjoy it here

Omega

Current ownership "seemingly" does not give .02shits what happens in the classified.. Which is surprising, given it's a top 3 site $ earner and, driven by "sales Ads" for income..and absolute freeeasy/$..as far as the classified goes. Beyond "earnings" or the lack thereof .. what concerns me most is the lack of giveadamn, far beyond the loss of income for the site. I sure do miss Ruger running this spot… Oh well, what I have to remember is it's in no way mine, and my opinion or thoughts are now meaningless .. Im SO thankful I was able to keep the stupidity out of the Classified for so many years. I'm also very thankful to the MANY who messaged etc over the years in appreciation of the work it took to do so.. To those of you who were man enough to be MEN in here for years… Thank you so much… And for the rest, I guess you and Biden will enjoy it here
Isn't there an admin on that section? Maybe a heavier hand is needed.

Hardwoodmaterials

Have you offered to buy something, or just offering dramatic comments? Ive been here a "few minutes longer than you"… and I got what I paid for in person.
Are you asking for a cookie or an award for being here longer? I was just making a common sense observation but you can call it dramatic if you want because just as you stated above I also don't give .02shits what you think!

Bull_TN

It's harder for me to give .02shits what anyone thinks honestly, you included. The man posted an Ad.. and irrelevant questions were asked in a PAID For Sale post. Do I think SC went overboard in his response, yep … but, like I said earlier.. when you kick sand, someone either kicks sand too, or just ignores the ignorance. It's hard for me to not see You as a "volunteer judge"…given you haven't done anything here but read a piss poor post thread
Oh my gosh, how will I sleep tonight? Someone I've never met or know from Adam doesn't give two cents about my opinion? Wow, really deep stuff here Kimber. The bottom line is the classifieds section is a place like minded hunters and anglers can buy and sell stuff. That's why I don't mind buying for a little more and contributing more when I buy or sell here (see the little yellow bar by my name). Hell, I was chipping in before their was a supporter option because I want to support a place like this. I also want to keep the tone civil and respectful. If I see a jackass lashing out at multiple members, I'm going to call him out. It's uncalled for, and he should have had his ad deleted, at a minimum. I think I'm in the majority when I say, your actions should be what you're judged on, not how many times you've met or been nice to Kimber. Not to mention, we don't need guys like SC turning our classifieds section into their gun show booth.

Bull_TN

Gentlemen,
Thank you all for your input. I want to be clear that i'm certainly not proud of the way I responded to several posters. When I laid down and said my prayers I was torn up inside. In my mind it's very disrespectful to jump into a thread and try to make the poster look bad, I did buy the shotguns on another site and listed them here to sell. I've had more than several people asking me for pump guns and I throughly enjoy working with other people who have the same interest. Anyone in the country could have bought the same guns, and nobody chose to do so. If i didnt sell the guns they were going to my farm for friends to use and enjoy, I'm wanting a new tractor and if I could make a few hundred dollars selling them quick to add to my funny money I was going to do that, and that's what I did and decided I liked the Winchester enough to keep it. I work in an industry that requires a thick skin and elbowing your way to the front is common place, when the gentleman jumped in with his picture post of the guns and his comment of the guns were listed elsewhere at a lower price I sent him a PM asking him if he had a problem and if he did that there were better methods of handling the situation, exactly what Kimber was referring to. Before I could turn around the peanut gallery begin to question the pricing, I trade/buy/sell guns having fun trying to add to my collection I've been working on since the 70's so I'm decent in knowing gun values. The loudest in the bunch didn't/don't have a clue apparently about current market levels for firearms. Was I being brash, yes sir! Why, because I think it's rude to try and take over a conversation just to here your self talk, and I'll feel that way tomorrow too. My personality in natural mode would be called average I suppose, but I can get fired up pretty quick if you disrespect me or my friends unsolicited, and I felt that was the case last night. Thank those who sent pm's regarding the situation, as I said I'm not proud of how I acted at all, but if you want to dance I'll dance.
You realize you have just posted for Biden and the ATF that you are buying guns with the intent to sell them and make a profit on our site genius? This is the exact type of stupidity the liberals are looking for to shut down sites like this. Will somebody shut this fool up and get this thread deleted before it costs us our site?

Roost 1

Oh my gosh, how will I sleep tonight? Someone I've never met or know from Adam doesn't give two cents about my opinion? Wow, really deep stuff here Kimber. The bottom line is the classifieds section is a place like minded hunters and anglers can buy and sell stuff. That's why I don't mind buying for a little more and contributing more when I buy or sell here (see the little yellow bar by my name). Hell, I was chipping in before their was a supporter option because I want to support a place like this. I also want to keep the tone civil and respectful. If I see a jackass lashing out at multiple members, I'm going to call him out. It's uncalled for, and he should have had his ad deleted, at a minimum. I think I'm in the majority when I say, your actions should be what you're judged on, not how many times you've met or been nice to Kimber. Not to mention, we don't need guys like SC turning our classifieds section into their gun show booth.
Say it louder for the guys in back… maybe Blackbeard will hear it….

FLTENNHUNTER1

 As a general rule, you will need a license if you repetitively buy and sell firearms with the principal motive of making a profit. In contrast, if you only make occasional sales of firearms from your personal collection, you do not need to be licensed.

 Courts have identified several factors relevant to determining on which side of that line your activities may fall, including: whether you represent yourself as a dealer in firearms; whether you are repetitively buying and selling firearms; the circumstances under which you are selling firearms; and whether you are looking to make a profit. Note that while quantity and frequency of sales are relevant indicators, courts have upheld convictions for dealing without a license when as few as two firearms were sold, or when only one or two transactions took place, when other factors were also present.

Status
Not open for further replies.