3 Kentuckians vs 1 Tennessean

AT Hiker

AT Hiker

Battle of the single barrels!
e3750bc2e26406ba4813e228f4623a38.jpg

I bought each of my brothers a “seven-fifty” of single barrel for Christmas. As luck would have it, the distributor had 4 special cask so I took liberty and bought myself a single barrel of Four Roses.
My second to youngest brother just got back from deployment and is hell bent on Jack Daniels, so he gets that brown water select.
The other two have a bit less loyalty to TN water sources so they get the bourbons.
As for my self gift, the Four Roses is quite a treat. Under $40 for a single barrel it has some complex notes. Enjoyed neat and it’s a true pleasure, maybe not as much as Ol Pappy, but my bank account sure appreciates my taste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ladys man

Ladys man

Re: 3 Kentuckians vs 1 Tennessean

Mmmm love JD single barrel . You are a good brother lol tell your brother thanks

Spurhunter

Spurhunter

Supporter

AT Hiker":jzc9fqc1 said:
Under $40 for a single barrel it has some complex notes. Enjoyed neat and it’s a true pleasure,

As a guy that doesn't drink hard liquor this kinda cracked me up. Sounds like some high society broads at a wine tasting! :rotf: I've never tried hard liquor straight that didn't burn like hell all the way down. The burning kinda covered up the notes for me. Complex or otherwise. :rotf: Hope you and your brothers have a Merry Christmas!

Mr.Bro

Mr.Bro

If your drinking JD you can save a ton and get some cheap Canadian crap.
120 proof Knob Creek? Don't know! Kinda stout for this old guy.
4 Roses is a winner.
Best taste. Best price. Buffalo Trace no doubt.

Next step up would be Eagles Rare or single barrel E.H. Taylor.

T

TNTreeman

Supporter

You owe it to yourself to try George Dickel single barrel. Doesn't have the marketing Jack D has but has beat them in multiple taste test. Much smoother imo. Merry Christmas to all

P

Piddler

R.I.P.

TNTreeman is right. Forget JackD.

AT Hiker

AT Hiker

Spurhunter":2rr5z8ub said:
AT Hiker":2rr5z8ub said:
Under $40 for a single barrel it has some complex notes. Enjoyed neat and it’s a true pleasure,

As a guy that doesn't drink hard liquor this kinda cracked me up. Sounds like some high society broads at a wine tasting! :rotf: I've never tried hard liquor straight that didn't burn like hell all the way down. The burning kinda covered up the notes for me. Complex or otherwise. :rotf: Hope you and your brothers have a Merry Christmas!

Short story, my youngest brother attends Auburn and is a officer in the reserves. They had some kind of function and so some of the higher ranks shared some pricey whiskey sips. As everyone sat around with pinkies sticking out my brother slams his back in one gulp! Needless to say he isn’t offered any more “complex notes”, lol.

AT Hiker

AT Hiker

TNTreeman":2lh1vk44 said:
You owe it to yourself to try George Dickel single barrel. Doesn't have the marketing Jack D has but has beat them in multiple taste test. Much smoother imo. Merry Christmas to all

I’m a Dickle fan all the way but I’ve never tested single barrel. I did have some Evan Williams cask and was impressed.
Need to hunt down some Dickle now and test it out.

AT Hiker

AT Hiker

Mr.Bro":q9lq9ae1 said:
120 proof Knob Creek? Don't know! Kinda stout for this old guy.

Honestly have not tried this cask yet but I’m hoping he shares a nip once he opens it.

Spurhunter

Spurhunter

Supporter

AT Hiker":3ejdjnji said:
Short story, my youngest brother attends Auburn and is a officer in the reserves. They had some kind of function and so some of the higher ranks shared some pricey whiskey sips. As everyone sat around with pinkies sticking out my brother slams his back in one gulp! Needless to say he isn’t offered any more “complex notes”, lol.

Now that's a great story. Thank your brothers for their service!

T

turk870

I'm a blantons fan but my wife bought some Bib And Tucker single barrel and I'd have to say it was pretty good.

L

landman

I had a neighbor drop me a bottle of The JF single barrel for my birthday this weekend, good stuff smooth too

Just ice and a splash of water

B

Bucky

Last time i drank JD i got banned for about 3 mos. Hail, think i was talking about spiders or something.

T

TraumaSlave

I have very much enjoyed a bottle of KC single barrel. Had Pappy once, was good but, not enough to pay the price over the KC. Not a big fan of Jack of any denomination. Have yet to try the BT. A buddy of mine goes in with a group on a barrel every couple years. He invited me for the next. I can't wait.

T

TNTreeman

Supporter

The Dickle single barrel is in a short bottle with a wooden top. Very smooth and would be sinful to drink anyway but neat or with an ice cube.

Kimber45

Kimber45

All good choices, but I have found one that you need to try.. I was very surprised for the $

Kimber45

Kimber45

Or if you really want to get serious and try something great, Bookers! A buddy of mine gifted me one of these not long ago.. It was proofed at 127.4 proof.... and absolutely smooth as I’d ever tried!

lightsareout

lightsareout

Haha love it, great gifts!

F

farmin68

Kimber45":29t6w8ks said:
Or if you really want to get serious and try something great, Bookers! A buddy of mine gifted me one of these not long ago.. It was proofed at 127.4 proof.... and absolutely smooth as I’d ever tried!

I've had Booker's before. Very good!

Dbllunger

Dbllunger

Supporter

AT, I had some Four Roses over Thanksgiving at my parents house in Mississippi. My sister and I sipped about 1/2 a bottle. Don't know anything about complex notes and such but it was smooth with a great taste. Very good neat. Plan on finishing the bottle when I head back the day after Christmas.