3 deer to 0 deer!

Bottom Hunter

sorry to hear that man.......I'd be glad to kill one for you, but you'll have to come pick it up....Text me this morning before I come out of the woods and I'll see what I can do....

JohnnyDollar

Bottom Hunter said:
sorry to hear that man.......I'd be glad to kill one for you, but you'll have to come pick it up....Text me this morning before I come out of the woods and I'll see what I can do....

Thanks, but I have nowhere to put it. I really appreciate the gesture.

Crosshairy

This same event a couple of years ago prompted me to buy a temperature alarm for my freezer a couple months ago (I didn't realize they existed until someone told me about them).

There are several different models around - check Amazon for some relatively low prices. I don't know enough about them to recommend a particular type, but anything is better than nothing.

There are new freezers that come built with a warning system with a battery back-up power.

They make some that alert on a failed/tripped electrical circuit, but i was worried that those wouldn't alarm if a part within the cooling system itself failed, so I got a temperature-based one instead.

Just something to consider for next time!

JeepKuntry

WestTn Huntin'man said:
You can claim lost meat on your Home owners insurance. Deer meat is expensive.
lost a frezer full a few years ago.I feel for you.
Not necessarily true. If the power company had failure, your homeowners still won't cover it. And in today's times, most folks have at least a $500 deductible so you probably wouldn't get much(if any). Not to mention 3 years of higher HO premiums because of a minor claim.

Latest posts