3/4 ton E rated tires

280longshot

280longshot

I know this has been discussed before but can't remember the pros and cons.
What are your recommendations on E rated ( 10 ply ) truck tires? How many miles with proper rotation?

huntinkev

huntinkev

We run the firestone transforce and the master crafts. Both are pretty good, master crafts are little cheaper and just as good of a tire. I understand they are made by cooper.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

arctic_cat

arctic_cat

I'm running Cooper AT 3"s. I'm happy with them so far. I couldn't tell you how many miles I have on them but seem to be doing good

pressfit

pressfit

I have nitto's on mine.. without a doubt the smoothest riding tires I have ever had

Gravey

Gravey

Supporter
Currently have Toyo Open Country AT’s with 55,000 on my F250 and it’s on the rack now getting BF Goodrich All Terrain TA KO2’s.

TX300mag

TX300mag

I run Toyo Open Country MT on my solid axle F-250 diesel. I got almost 50K out of my last set, but I had an issue with alignment that wore the front tires prematurely before I caught on to it. I think this set should get 60K, which is good considering the Fords seem harder on tires than others. I think they're a little harder compound than the Nittos, which explains them lasting longer. There might be a ride difference, but I don't have a good frame of reference heavier trucks around here run the Toyo. If there's a better E rated mud tire for this application I want it-I buy the best tires I can find .

Gravey

Gravey

Supporter
TX300mag":25fkm9as said:
I run Toyo Open Country MT on my solid axle F-250 diesel. I got almost 50K out of my last set, but I had an issue with alignment that wore the front tires prematurely before I caught on to it. I think this set should get 60K, which is good considering the Fords seem harder on tires than others. I think they're a little harder compound than the Nittos, which explains them lasting longer. There might be a ride difference, but I don't have a good frame of reference heavier trucks around here run the Toyo. If there's a better E rated mud tire for this application I want it-I buy the best tires I can find .
That’s awesome for that aggressive of a mud tire.

GOHUNT

GOHUNT

I like my Michelin LTX A/T2. Some folks report getting 100,000 miles on them. Check Craigslist. They do show up as take-offs now and then and you can get a decent deal.

B

BDS05

Don't know how much help I am but I have a 1 ton with a service bed and crane loaded with tools/parts. 2-4 days a wk pulling 9k lbs with 10-12k rotation intervals I got 65k from my last set of Michelin LTX MS/2. They were in good shape and probably could have skated me another 5k had I not feared a blowout.
Coworker who does not pull equipment is about to replace his at 80k.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Gravey

Gravey

Supporter
BDS05":3va6pbv6 said:
Don't know how much help I am but I have a 1 ton with a service bed and crane loaded with tools/parts. 2-4 days a wk pulling 9k lbs with 10-12k rotation intervals I got 65k from my last set of Michelin LTX MS/2. They were in good shape and probably could have skated me another 5k had I not feared a blowout.

I believe this is what my uncle used to run on his diesels and swore by them.

BuckWild

BuckWild

Supporter
GOHUNT":2n4ih4z3 said:
I like my Michelin LTX A/T2. Some folks report getting 100,000 miles on them. Check Craigslist. They do show up as take-offs now and then and you can get a decent deal.

This is what I'm running on my '06 F-250. I rotate them myself with every oil change.

Have 89,000 miles currently and maybe 5k more before I get a new set.

TX300mag

TX300mag

BuckWild":1r1gdafk said:
GOHUNT":1r1gdafk said:

This is what I'm running on my '06 F-250. I rotate them myself with every oil change.

Have 89,000 miles currently and maybe 5k more before I get a new set.

My wife has these on her Excursion. I'm hoping these last last this long. Around halfway there and they are wearing very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

280longshot

280longshot

BDS05":3bpv5hee said:

I did a quick check on those tires ...
Gatway wants 275.00 per tire
Does that sound right?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

X-Tennessean

X-Tennessean

280longshot":1en3k1ck said:
BDS05":1en3k1ck said:

I did a quick check on those tires ...
Gatway wants 275.00 per tire
Does that sound right?

I have been tire shopping also, I was quoted $269 ea for the Michelin LTX in a 235/80/17
$195 for a Firestone Transforce HT.
I was going for the Firestone until I started seeing the mileage members are getting out of the Michelin's.....decisions.....decisions!! lol

GOHUNT

GOHUNT

Yep, that price sounds right. That’s why I said watch craigslist. Some folks take these (factory) tires off to go to a bigger size and sell them for much less than new.

280longshot

280longshot

GOHUNT":2fmla1yx said:
Yep, that price sounds right. That’s why I said watch craigslist. Some folks take these (factory) tires off to go to a bigger size and sell them for much less than new.
Guess Ill keep an eye on craigslist.

GOHUNT

GOHUNT

I have three sets, 2 as described and one set of the same tire in the LT (light truck) version. All from craigslist