28 ga.

Displaced_Vol

I was sorely tempted by an SBE 3 in 28 at my LGS near my office. Thankfully he sold it.
Love to see it and know how it is works for you.

TboneD

Got a buddy in Mississippi who loves his, even for quail hunting. He's a pretty serious wing shooter and told me he wouldn't hesitate to take it to the dove field, either. You'd think they'd make more 28 ga guns in youth models since they have significantly less recoil.

Tenntrapper

Got a buddy in Mississippi who loves his, even for quail hunting. He's a pretty serious wing shooter and told me he wouldn't hesitate to take it to the dove field, either. You'd think they'd make more 28 ga guns in youth models since they have significantly less recoil.
This kind of depends on what shells you're shooting. Get up into the 1oz loads...in a light shotgun...and it starts getting sporty... 😂

Oh, and get you some TSS loads... they work great for turkey.

TnBob

I have a Ruger Red Label in 28 gauge that I've had for years. I have done a few dove hunts with it and shot a grouse with it on Hinch mountain a few years back. Took it new years day with three other guys to Creekside preserve in Athens. Shot 4 pheasants and shot AT a few chukars. Lol I love that little gun!

OldGoat68

Have used a 28ga on dove, turkey, ducks and clay birds. Love them all, great round. Yes the ammo can be a little expensive, but if you watch there are some better deals out there. I believe you'll be very pleasantly surprised. Enjoy!!

Deer@Dawn

Once you get started you will be hooked! Finding shells can be a challenge sometimes so keep a supply on hand. I have shot quail, dove and wild pheasant with mine (SxS). Love it dearly.

Dean Parisian

Pamelot, TN Ghost Ranc MT San Jose del Cabo, MX
Peyton and Eli show up in Idaho at an exclusive duck hunting club. Only .28's and .410's allowed. My buddy is often a guest there, he is a world class duck caller for billionaires.
7C5C58D0-2012-4E14-99D1-289DE8734345.jpeg

rukiddin

I love a 28 gauge. You can never have too many😂😂 a 28 is about the only gauge I shoot anymore. I've killed everything from doves and rabbits to whitetails and tundra swans with my 28's. With TSS, the gun is more than capable of doing anything a 12 can do!!!!

ETN Deer

I got a BPS for my 30th wedding anniversary in December and can't wait to try it out. I've got an Indian Creek choke tube and some TSS. From what I've heard it should be an exceptional Turkey slayer😁

Latest posts