24V trolling motor / depth finder ?

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Ok so if I go with a 24V trolling motor:
My boat came with an accessory power wire coming off the harness that goes to the trolling motor plug in.
I am assuming the trolling motor power and accessory power will be coming from the same battery.
So if I go with a 24V battery, will that fry a depth finder that I hook up to that wire?

WTM

my wire they ran off the start battery but id check to make sure i have an older boat. they may have cut corners but who knows.

as far as 24v garmin and humminbird used to be around 18v-20v max and panoptix 32v max.

i wouldnt run it off of the trolling motor because of the emf harmonics from the trolling motor and its gets worse with electronic steer.

TNReb

Might look around and see which one is feeding it.
They might have come off the cranking battery.
They probably do. As others have stated - running graphs on the same battery as your trolling motor isn't the best ideas. You will get interference and you're going to be aggravated at your graphs. You think will "this looks like crap!" and you'll be ill. Been there done that in my first jon boat.

bluball

They probably do. As others have stated - running graphs on the same battery as your trolling motor isn't the best ideas. You will get interference and you're going to be aggravated at your graphs. You think will "this looks like crap!" and you'll be ill. Been there done that in my first jon boat.
Yep,and if he has a livescope i would atleast want it on 10ga or bigger.Might have to pull a new wire would be my guess.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Yep,and if he has a livescope i would atleast want it on 10ga or bigger.Might have to pull a new wire would be my guess.
I already have my livescope mounted and it has it's own battery.
I was thinking about putting my helix up there with the supply they provided.

bluball

I already have my livescope mounted and it has it's own battery.
I was thinking about putting my helix up there with the supply they provided.
That might be ok,not sure how they wire there boats from the factory now.

bluball

If you have a 12volt trollung motor now uou probally have a 50amp breaker for it.If you go 24volt you will probally need a 60amp breaker also.

bluball

Screenshot-20220801-140710-Drive.jpg

bluball

Only reason i posted about 60amp breaker is because most spotlock 24-36 volt trolling motors take a 60amp.He was asking about a spotlock trolling motor,might have beem another thread though🤣🤣🤣

RobDooley

Ok so if I go with a 24V trolling motor:
My boat came with an accessory power wire coming off the harness that goes to the trolling motor plug in.
I am assuming the trolling motor power and accessory power will be coming from the same battery.
So if I go with a 24V battery, will that fry a depth finder that I hook up to that wire?
not sure about your boat, but normally, the trolling motor battery is used solely for the TM. In my boat, I have two 12-volt batteries dedicated to the trolling motor. The third 12 volt is the cranking battery and powers all electronics and other accessories.

Latest posts