?????

HuntnMoon

2 Hunts at the Fort. Other than the weather and the fact that there has been some heavy cutting done there, I havent seen or heard a Bird yet. The area I hunt has been loaded with birds in the past and I have been hunting till near noon on both days. Not doing alot of callin just trying to listen and let the Birds do what they do, always worked for me in the past as far as at least hearin some birds. do you think that cuttin can have that big of an effect. Any thoughts? would only heard 2 shots on opening day as well???

AT Hiker

They may just be shut moth right now. The area your hunting, are their areas near by that didnt receive any cutting?

Did you see any birds at all while you were out? Not sure how well FC did opening week, but the weather may have had the birds quite. Or they are likely still grouped up and concentrated in other areas...like the huge impact area or other closed areas.

Was it a pine cutting? If so that shouldnt affect them too much, assuming plenty of hardwoods in the area.

AT Hiker

CAMARO12 said:
If you are referrimg to Area 32 I was also disappointed at the amount of hardwood timber being harvested.

Then most birds are likely in the impact area then, give them time to break up and they should move into the huntable areas.

HuntnMoon

Area 33 and yes they cut all the hardwoods out of there as well ho it seems. I have not seen or heard a bird while hunting and I am not even seeing them on the way home in the evenings... just stragne i know its early and the weather has not been great just havent seen it like this before.

AT Hiker

Yea, I would try your luck at getting a different area then. If all the timber cutting is going on, then the pressure may have moved them out for a while.

But I know getting a area at FC is tough. I am sure later in April things will get better though.

HuntnMoon

ONLY AREA I COULD GET...I WILL BE THERE IN THE MORNING AGAIN, NOT EXPECTING MUCH BUT HEY AT LEAST I CAN GET OUT

Latest posts