22 Caliber shells, have they gone extinct.

Sharecropper

I swear I cannot fine a SINGLE box of 22 Long in Memphis. I've heard of them being in tight supply, but I haven't found a box in 3 months and
I have looked in earnest all over town.
Where have people found any to buy in Memphis?
I am serious.

redheadshooter

Bass Pro gets them on almost every truck. You just have to be there when they open to get some. It's coming in. You just have to be there the day they get the truck.

7mm08

It's either
: a.... The government doesn't want the new generation to have fun except on the Internet reading about the Kardasians etc :)

B: all the brass and lead components are going into filling the orders for the government which is buying up over 2,000,000,000 rounds in the past year to fool with 22 rounds

I suspect they will be in short supply for a long time

Anybody else got any theories other supply and demand ....

SEC

I use to buy a box of 550 spill have of them in my truck and didn't even care.

Bertman

You have to be at walmart when they come in on the truck cause people buy them up that fast.I have a son that works at walmart so im told when they are expected to come in.

Hunter 257W

Rackseeker said:
Seen a place in Alabama today that had Federal .22 LR shells by the cases. They had two pallets of them setting out with a one brick per person limit. They were $40 for 500 rounds.

You must have been at Larry's Pistol & Pawn in Huntsville.

Hunter 257W

In the context of the 22 ammo shortage, I have once again been the victim of serioulsy bad timing. I got one of these Caldwell Shootin' Galleries for Christmas this year. I took it out Saturday with my daughter and we shot 300 rounds of 22 in no time flat. She put 100 shorts through her single shot. You could EASILY go through a brick per shooter at every outing with this thing. Why did I wait to get it just as 22LR's go extinct. I have something like 4,000-5,000 rounds which is a good stash for a squirrel hunter but nothing when we are talking about whanging away at self-setting moving steel targets. It sure is fun though. Especially since I'm shooting 22's that cost less than 2 cents each. :) :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5W2UJv-cno

dh1984

you have no ideal how hard it really is. I went to Cheaper than dirt this morning just looking to see what they had and i found some .22's in stock. Well when i got ready to check out they said they was out of stock and can not back order.

So i say the heck with it and i'll buy some when all of this shortage crap goes away.

A/M/G

Hunter 257W said:
I was just looking on Gunbroker.com at auctions for 22LR and it's absolutely nuts. It's still selling for close to $100 for a brick.

Ruger you ready to sell your rifles.

Tractor John

Stopped by Wal-Mart on the way into work yesterday morning, and they had a couple boxes of 50 round Federal .22 LR for $2.17 a box. I bought 2 and the last box of Remington .357 magnum. They had one 100 round box of Winchester .40 cal left. Maybe the folks that have been stocking up have finally got enough?

Latest posts