2022 kill thread

Cheshire

I see some are posting now on last year's. Congrats guys, great deer! Lets start a new one if we will.
IMG_20221123_154646358_HDR~2.jpg

tonybart55

10/22/22, got my first kill with a recurve on my wedding anniversary lol saw him about 400 yards away at the bottom of a field. As I was sneaking down there he started to walk up a treeline heading my direction, I ending up crouching into some brush on the corner of that treeline before he got there. He ended up giving me a 6 yard shot 👍🏽

I have to give some credit to my Father in Law who was giving me some updates about how far there deer was from me via the phone lol "he's about 60 yards from the corner… oh.. he's trotting now, 30 yards away" that's when I hung up lol one of my most fun hunts!

48121B01-8C27-4EC0-81CA-34DB955124A3.jpeg

tonybart55

Fayette county 4.5/5.5 yr old came in cruising few minutes after a doe came through Nov 13th. Noticed body size / age before taking him, definitely one of the biggest 4 points I've ever seen. Tall and good mass! This bergara 308 quickly becoming on of my favorite rifles! View attachment 156211
4 point or not, I would've shot him 👍🏽 nice job

RockMcL

10/22/22, got my first kill with a recurve on my wedding anniversary lol saw him about 400 yards away at the bottom of a field. As I was sneaking down there he started to walk up a treeline heading my direction, I ending up crouching into some brush on the corner of that treeline before he got there. He ended up giving me a 6 yard shot 👍🏽

I have to give some credit to my Father in Law who was giving me some updates about how far there deer was from me via the phone lol "he's about 60 yards from the corner… oh.. he's trotting now, 30 yards away" that's when I hung up lol one of my most fun hunts!

View attachment 158837
Congratulations. Any method of take is a challenge but traditional is special.
Any specs on bow and arrows/broadheads? I finally have my shoulder working again and am practicing to hunt like I did over 50 years ago...