• Help Support TNDeer:

2020-2021 TWRA Hunting Season Summary

Andy S.

Thought this may be useful for some, especially those forecasting their vacation days to hunt.

https://www.tn.gov/content/dam/tn/twra/ ... ummary.pdf

OKYdBpR.jpg

Primary

Primary

TNDeer Assistant
Here are some related products that TNDeer members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TNDeer’s partner,Primary, where you can find links to TNDeer discussions about these products.

TAFKAP

ShedAntler":1mp9nk2d said:
Does anyone know if any of the Cwd counties have changed ?
Meaning , Any new counties added or subtracted from the origin list ?

I saw some news on that....let me see what I can find. I think a couple counties were added, and they solidified a "permanent" rifle season when archery-only is over.

TAFKAP

I saw a post on Facebook by TWRA. Here's what they said about CWD Zone:

"Among the new regulations, the CWD unit for deer hunting is expanded to include Crockett, Gibson, and Lauderdale counties. The addition brings the number to 11 counties in Unit CWD.
Also, in Unit CWD, guns will be allowed in the unit throughout all of deer season, except during the traditional archery-only segment in September and October. The commission also voted to approve unlimited Earn-a-Bucks, and allow replacement bucks to be harvested in Unit CWD or the same county as the CWD-positive deer qualifying for a replacement. The mandatory physical check station requirement has been discontinued in the unit."

Andy S.

ShedAntler":3e5xoiyj said:
Does anyone know if any of the Cwd counties have changed ?
Meaning , Any new counties added or subtracted from the origin list ?
As stated above, three added to the north, none subtracted. It went from eight last year to eleven counties now.

NvpI0xu.jpg

JeepKuntry

We'll see how the CWD counties respond. My guess is the change will have a minimal impact. I would be curious to find out how many hunters in CWD counties decided to throw in the towel when things started to heat up.

clwg97

I am in a CWD county and don’t plan on changing a thing. I will still be out there every chance hunting.

TAFKAP

clwg97":3jklsa9m said:
I am in a CWD county and don’t plan on changing a thing. I will still be out there every chance hunting.

Sho thang....carrying a rifle on Nov 9th for sure!

Latest posts