82.5 KB · Views: 1,279
  • IMG_3590.JPG
    IMG_3590.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 1,282

UpperTully

Simpleman.2":sg8vs8zo said:
cbhunter":sg8vs8zo said:
ZachMarkus":sg8vs8zo said:
Not sure what the story is behind this buck but I heard it was killed at Catoosa, either way it's a true TN giant.
75261dd2c1ab14fe6e6df0533dfdd48c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
There is another post on here of this buck that says it was killed at LBL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah it was killed at LBL. There's a pic of it at the check in station.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can tell from the background, that pic was taken at the South Check in/Welcome Station at LBL

EastTNcowsNwhitetails

TN Whitetail Freak":2fy27bkv said:
So this East TN buck just hit the media wire. WOWSER!

Whats the story on this east tn deer? What part of east tn? Hes by far the best buck ive seen killed this year. A lot of good bucks have hit the ground in east tn the past week. I was in ohio hunting and everyone here was talking about all the chasing and rut action and big buck pics kept getting aent to me and i sat there in ohio seeing nothing but some small bucks wishing i was back in east tn hunting. My buddy saw 4 shooter bucks sat. One was a 10 he shot opening morning of bow and still alive and another was a monster way bigger than him but too far to tell... he fired off 5 caps on the muzzleloader at the 10 to try to finish him off and muzzleloader misfired everytime. Needless to say ive been there everyday since ive been back and the 10 or bigger buck havent shown their face...

TN Whitetail Freak

EastTNcowsNwhitetails":151ogbow said:
TN Whitetail Freak":151ogbow said:
So this East TN buck just hit the media wire. WOWSER!

Whats the story on this east tn deer? What part of east tn? Hes by far the best buck ive seen killed this year. A lot of good bucks have hit the ground in east tn the past week. I was in ohio hunting and everyone here was talking about all the chasing and rut action and big buck pics kept getting aent to me and i sat there in ohio seeing nothing but some small bucks wishing i was back in east tn hunting. My buddy saw 4 shooter bucks sat. One was a 10 he shot opening morning of bow and still alive and another was a monster way bigger than him but too far to tell... he fired off 5 caps on the muzzleloader at the 10 to try to finish him off and muzzleloader misfired everytime. Needless to say ive been there everyday since ive been back and the 10 or bigger buck havent shown their face...
https://www.newschannel5.com/plus/south ... n-eldridge

Winchester

Southern Sportsman":25at1rqn said:
TheLBLman":25at1rqn said:
the Hornbeak buck . . . sure looks like a 3 1/2-yr-old or younger buck

Curious. On what do you base that assessment?
Good question, no way to judge age on a dead deer without looking in its mouth! a 4.5+ yr old buck that has grown that much tine length, especially in TN rarely if ever puts the mass along with it, if they did we would have a lot more Booners in the book! Hes also an early season deer before the winter coat and the bulking up of his neck, fat put on, etc. Thats a great buck but I dont think it will beat the current 177" record just based on the pics.
Some great TN bucks in this thread by the way!

Latest posts