2016/2017 Rut Report Thread*********************************

ridgehunter

Re: 2016/2017 Rut Report Thread*****************************

Saw 7 doe out of my stand today, had a spike running them at different times for about 45 minutes. After I thought it was all over I decide to take a doe but about the time I shot the spike showed back up and would not leave I had to finely run him off to get down and go get my deer.

Fireman 244

2-Step Enabled

Two doe came in last night, being chased by a spike followed by a 4 point and then a spike. 4 point ran off the spikes. A nice 7 showed up, chased off the 4 and ran the doe in circles grunting. Went over tore up some trees, and back to chasing the doe. Never presented a shot. It all started right at 6:17, had to stay in the stand for everything to leave. When I stood up at to pack my stuff away. I guess another big buck came in, cause two bucks were going at it. Black dark couldn't see and in the thick stuff but impressive to hear. I'm hunting in Dover, TN.

catman529

10/24 saw a good 8 point cruising through the doe sink that only has does and occasional yearling buck outside of the rut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jb357

Posting where you are hunting with your reports would be helpful

Bone Collector

jb357":1miu74tf said:

I guess that is true. I just assume people look at my location and figure Mid Tn, but you're right I could be anywhere and some don't put their location on their profile.

jb357

Bone Collector":j3hcgwue said:
jb357":j3hcgwue said:

I guess that is true. I just assume people look at my location and figure Mid Tn, but you're right I could be anywhere and some don't put their location on their profile.
I try to look at the locations everyone has listed but I'm in Knoxville and hunt anywhere from Smith County to Nebraska.

Devin2009

I seen a spike run 4 does off the food plot behind my house. He don't like to share I don't guess.. I'm gonna say the older bucks will start getting more visible around the 8th to 11th next month in my area. Lock down is just about always around thanksgiving week. Some of the best bucks are killed that week for some reason but it's hit and miss.

mattmillard510

Anyone that looks in Alsheimers (sp?) rut prediction, he says it will be a later rut this year. He was saying something like November 9-15 or something around there. Can't remember offhand.

This cooler weather has the young ones on the search. My buddy killed a pretty good one today and his tarsals were turning

The warm weather coming will probably shut them right back off just as soon as it started. I think the last week of November-first week of December will be really good here depending on weather. It's so weather dependent here.

Does will be bred either way but weather and other factors dictate how much you will see

Stykbow

10/23, Campbell county: Small 4 point cane thru trailing a group of does. I heard him before I saw him. He was grunting his head off!

MXB 400

Stykbow":2gean8zt said:
10/23, Campbell county: Small 4 point cane thru trailing a group of does. I heard him before I saw him. He was grunting his head off!

Where in CC haven't had any action to speak of where I hunt seeing does killed one Saturday missed one Sunday

Crappie Luck

Staff member

I haven't seen any chasing yet, but I found a HUGE scrape in Northern Wilson co. Last weekend.

Stykbow

MXB 400":2fba076o said:
Stykbow":2fba076o said:

Where in CC haven't had any action to speak of where I hunt seeing does killed one Saturday missed one Sunday

Private property out towards Cedar Creek.

cagleyss7

Saw my first scrape today, South Roane county.

McClungmac

Montgomery County this evening on a small 27 acre tract I bow hunt on I found 17 scrapes in an acre area.

MXB 400

Pioneer Tn. saw the first fresh scrape of the year still no signs of chasing on that lease. Will report Monday after I go back to the killing tree got plenty does so should see some action freshened up my 2 scrapes I made during early bow

Latest posts