2014 buck back

Fleet Fox

Shed Hunter":23s4hlmd said:
Had him officially neasured today.

153 6/8 Gross
142 3/8 Net

Was it measured by an official B&C or Pope and Young certified scorer, or TWRA guys that do it for the registry? The reason I ask is I know you had him a little higher. I shot one with a bow 2 years ago and I scored him with a string twice green and came up with 142 2/8 and 139 6/8 after he dried. TWRA scored him at 133 2/8 for the registry so I was concerned, and a little butthurt, because I couldn't figure out how I was off by 6 inches. The largest differences were in our mass measurements. I had him officially scored by a Pope and Young guy and he got 139 3/8 gross. He said TWRA guys use "quicker" methods that are often off by a few inches.

Shed Hunter

Fleet Fox":1ofv4v9j said:
Shed Hunter":1ofv4v9j said:

153 6/8 Gross
142 3/8 Net

Was it measured by an official B&C or Pope and Young certified scorer, or TWRA guys that do it for the registry? The reason I ask is I know you had him a little higher. I shot one with a bow 2 years ago and I scored him with a string twice green and came up with 142 2/8 and 139 6/8 after he dried. TWRA scored him at 133 2/8 for the registry so I was concerned, and a little butthurt, because I couldn't figure out how I was off by 6 inches. The largest differences were in our mass measurements. I had him officially scored by a Pope and Young guy and he got 139 3/8 gross. He said TWRA guys use "quicker" methods that are often off by a few inches.

I actually just cleared the issue up with the measurer. It was an honest mistake. I was shocked when I heard the numbers but I kept adding it up and would get more than he did.

The actual measurements are 156 4/8 gross and 149 4/8 net.

easy45

Fleet Fox":2of9syfk said:
Shed Hunter":2of9syfk said:

153 6/8 Gross
142 3/8 Net

I'll say I'm sorry again, I had everything right on my scoring sheet but I'm not great at math so I plug the numbers into an app on my phone and forgot to add a measurement in, I'll tell you guys as pretty as that deer is in pics, its even better in person, congrats again, its the biggest hunter killed deer I've scored.

Shed Hunter

easy45":1jt8jacb said:
Fleet Fox":1jt8jacb said:
Shed Hunter":1jt8jacb said:

153 6/8 Gross
142 3/8 Net

I'll say I'm sorry again, I had everything right on my scoring sheet but I'm not great at math so I plug the numbers into an app on my phone and forgot to add a measurement in, I'll tell you guys as pretty as that deer is in pics, its even better in person, congrats again, its the biggest hunter killed deer I've scored.

Thanks Easy. I sure enjoyed talking with you and Tickweed. I hope to bring you another in the near future!

Were you using trophy score? Another member added it up for me and did the EXACT same thing.

TX300mag

Hunter drew and I had that discussion on a big 8 point on one of our trips. I thought for some reason at the time 8 point only got 3 per side. To quote Deer Assassin when I asked him "Jon if you measure a 3" spike it gets four mass measurements per side." :D

tickweed

A GREAT buck! Beautiful mount as well. Enjoyed talking to you as well, Shed Hunter. You have already done way more than I ever thought of on taking a big deer, especially as young as you are. Keep it up. You know Scott and I would be glad to help you keep those big ones under control. LOL

Latest posts