2010 Deer season

Columbia Scott

Since 2009 I have had this buck on my trail cameras (wg IR4 and Scoutguard SG550V) He was a 110" ten point last year. This year he grew into a 125" ten pointer. He had a small G5 tine coming in and would have been an awesome 12 pointer next year. On November 7th he gave me a 145 yd. shot opportunity and I couldn't resist. He came off of an adjoining property that we can't hunt so I pulled the trigger. As nice as I know he would have been next year, he's my biggest buck to date and I couldn't be more proud of him!

nice10.jpg

PICT0056.jpg

IM000029.jpg

1107101020.jpg

Columbia Scott

Thanks! I have been hunting in Tennessee for 20 years and it's nice to finally find a place to feed my obsession! I have cameras out surveying the survivors. Just running and checking all of my trail cams is almost as much fun as hunting. Looking forward to posting and sharing!

TheLBLman

Congratulations on your buck, before & after.
By the way, I agree with others that your buck will gross above 130.

Columbia Scott said:
Just running and checking all of my trail cams is almost as much fun as hunting.
I totally agree, when your cams work as expected.

But should you find out a cam was just setting there not working for weeks, can be a frustrating waste of time, even worse when it happens again and again.

Columbia Scott

My Scoutguard SG550V started taking whiteouts this summer. I sent it back and 45.00 later HCO sent me a new one. Mine was out of warranty so I had to pay, but I'm pleased with it. The Wildgame IR4's have been great so far. Their newer though. The Scoutguard is a little fragile, but I can recommend both brands. I think I'll call my taxidermist and have him score my deer instead of trusting my petty, jealous hunting buddies. :)

Columbia Scott

Thanks Rowdy and Buckhorn, glad to be here! I thought I was alone in my inability to function outside of deer season, but there are several fellow addicts here. Misery loves company!

Latest posts