2 more Osceolas down

Andy S.

My friends friend kept retelling our story of the bird I called up gobbling in our faces over and over to all his friends. I think they may actually give hunting a try the traditional way. They were all about 30yrs old... too young to have grown up learning how to hunt old style. Their grandparents mostly shoot them out of the truck windows when the opportunity arises while working the groves.
Thank the lord you made a favorable impression on them. Hopefully they'll at least consider it and give it a go a little here and a little there until they get the hang of it. Good job again mega.

megalomaniac

Thank the lord you made a favorable impression on them. Hopefully they'll at least consider it and give it a go a little here and a little there until they get the hang of it. Good job again mega.
I wasn't really happy about the first day on private popping up the decoys, but it was his land and I felt I was pushing it just asking to be able to call for myself. Once he realized I knew what I was doing (his last 2 people he had to lead around like little sheep), he trusted me to run the show when we moved to the public and never even thought about bringing his own calls or his decoys.

The decoys actually almost cost us my bird. He was a 2 y/o that had already been destroyed by a big boy. His left thigh had a gaping spur wound that was gangrenous (I actually had to trash that thigh, but saved the drummie). He came in sneaking, and when he popped out in our row at 45 yards, alerted immediately to the decoys and started easing away. Heck, if I were a turkey, I wouldn't want anything to do with the 'funky chicken' decoy either.

Latest posts