2 hunts, 2 days, 8 beards-crazy....

redblood

Slept in this morn. Drove past a farm I hunt at 11 headed to town and see a longbeard strutting for a black plastic bag in a fence row- not a hen in sight. Figured he would be an easy target when I got home. Headed in after him at 1 when I got home. Didn't see or hear anything. No gens, no gobbles. Found a few hens in a wheat field, then spotted a strutter henned up in another. Tried to back out sneak around, but bumped two other subordinate longbeards who were leavin them. Ended up crossing the other way to get to the strutter but bumped a third longbeard in an overgrown field. Just left the strutter and hen and decided to make the mile trek back to the truck. Half way back Just happened to look over and saw a longbeard feeding in an ol hog lot. Looped around and belly crawled to an opening. He crossed at 35 yards. 4 beards- 10", 7.25, 6.5 and 5. 22 lbs- 1.25" spurs. Put a pic of the 4 beards from yesterday to satisfy any skeptics. Goal is to be tagged out by Sunday, but will be tough

image_zpsd84fa6a5.jpg

image_zps7e706780.jpg

Southern Sportsman

Awesome! Please take the beards off with flesh still connecting them. Then separate them neatly and put borax over the flesh. Then they will always be like that and you wont loose the little ones.

DKO77

Good Grief - it took me 10 years to collect that many beards - ha!! Awesome Birds!!!

Latest posts