2 farms no turkeys .......

sure shot

hit my honey hole sat morning,i could go on and on but this farm has never let me down in 10 yrs, turkeys everywhere !! sat morning i couldnt buy a turkey no gobbling no jakes no hens ...no where ! i walked and called for hrs,no sign anywhere finally gave up to look for mushrooms.skipped sun to catch some crappie. today went out to another farm same story its almost as if they wre all just snatched up and relocated .....frustrated and annoyed i dont understand how 2 farms that hold so many turkeys every year suddenly have no turkeys.

Gravey

Something similar happened at a place I hunt. I've killed at least 2 birds off of it for about five years. Last year didn't kill any on it and only seen 1 gobbler and a couple of hens this year so far. Hoping my son can kill bim. No idea where they've gone.

AT Hiker

Gravey said:
Something similar happened at a place I hunt. I've killed at least 2 birds off of it for about five years. Last year didn't kill any on it and only seen 1 gobbler and a couple of hens this year so far. Hoping my son can kill bim. No idea where they've gone.

Pure speculation here (Im also not trying to be a sarcastic either), but maybe it has been over hunted? This happened to a friend of mines farm, they were covered up for about 3 years. He let everybody come over and hunt...prob killed 5-7 per year off of 350 acres, and we are pretty sure nobody legally hunts the adjoining 400 acres (most spring mornings are quite now too). Now he is lucky to get 1 or 2 birds off this place, and lucky to hear twice as many gobble from the roost. I tried to warn him, but every winter he kept saying "man, we seen 15 long beards today...we are gonna wear em out come spring" Well he did. All it takes is one bad spring hatch and over hunted/pressured birds and they seem to vanish.

sure shot

AT Hiker said:
Gravey said:

Pure speculation here (Im also not trying to be a sarcastic either), but maybe it has been over hunted? This happened to a friend of mines farm, they were covered up for about 3 years. He let everybody come over and hunt...prob killed 5-7 per year off of 350 acres, and we are pretty sure nobody legally hunts the adjoining 400 acres (most spring mornings are quite now too). Now he is lucky to get 1 or 2 birds off this place, and lucky to hear twice as many gobble from the roost. I tried to warn him, but every winter he kept saying "man, we seen 15 long beards today...we are gonna wear em out come spring" Well he did. All it takes is one bad spring hatch and over hunted/pressured birds and they seem to vanish.
i could see that happening,but im usually the only person hunts both of these properties. i say usually b/c the adjacent property on one farm does get hammered hard but 2 weeks before season i seen 6 long beards not 50 yds from me when i was coyote hunting.the other farm no one else hunts or has permission .not probable, but not impossible.........

Latest posts