#2 Easter Sunday last minute longbeard

HuntnMoon

I read your posts quite often, this deer season you posted a video of a great buck that you walked up on I believe... you got some great stories. Serious. to make a call like that and kill 2 birds in one day is awesome. Congrats. I wouldnt mind getting some lessons.Also I believe you said you are relatively new and you have killed 15 birds, Thats amazing. keep up the good work.

catman529

HuntnMoon said:
I read your posts quite often, this deer season you posted a video of a great buck that you walked up on I believe... you got some great stories. Serious. to make a call like that and kill 2 birds in one day is awesome. Congrats. I wouldnt mind getting some lessons.Also I believe you said you are relatively new and you have killed 15 birds, Thats amazing. keep up the good work.
thank you, I have had some "beginners luck" and also learned some valuable stuff from this web site, and gained some experience in the woods too. Just go at it and try to be open minded when things aren't working as planned... It would have been too easy to quit for the day after missing that bird, and I was surrounded by TWRA stocked fishing lakes and had a rod, tackle and box of nightcrawlers in the truck, but I decided to stick with it and chase every gobble I heard and finally it paid off right at sunset.

HuntnMoon

Congrats again, I got my first bird last year and spend as much time as possible in the woods learning. Good luck the rest of the year, look forward to hearin you on here.

catman529

plinker22 said:
You made a call out of what... seriously??? You are truly the MacGyver of TnTurkey. Huge congrats.

I eagerly wait the videos too.
thanks man. A lot of things can make turkey sounds, and I knew a water bottle would work from experimenting in the past. Video is mostly done, need to tweak it tonight after work, render it, upload it to youtube, and it will be ready. It's like 26 minutes long, not sure if that is too long for some people. it covers both days of hunting.

Latest posts