2 buck limit question

Doskil

Since going to a statewide 2 buck limit has your hunting experience been ruined?

Has it had an extremely negative experience on your hunting seasons?

GRIT

Doskil":14rkrjyw said:
Since going to a statewide 2 buck limit has your hunting experience been ruined?

Has it had an extremely negative experience on your hunting seasons?

Has it ruined your hunting experience?
If so please explain.

Matador

Can't say my hunting has been ruined, but the new breaking the hair line counting as a buck tag has sure caused a lot more pressure and taking some of the relaxing enjoyment out of it. One thing that really gripes me is losing some doe opportunities in unit A. I have two guys that are brothers that live close to me and their sole income is there Social Security checks. I try to take them 2-3 deer a year. They butcher the deer themselves. Usually between me and my son we are able to do this.Cant take any more of those unsure shots because of the breaking the hair deal. Hunting hasn't been ruined or caused extreme negative experience, but it sure has been inpacted.

Powerstroke

It has not ruined my Hunting whatsoever in the least ,if anything it has made me a more disciplined hunter on what buck I will take off the farms and land that I hunt now . When I used to would take bucks of all ages and sizes just because I had a handful of tags ,so it has helped me the herd and the land all together ...

iowavf

Outsider looking in, just can't figure out why being able to kill 2 bucks along with some doe and just being out deer hunting to start with would be anything but a great time? Just seems to me like too many people complain about hunting if they don't shoot anything. I get the people who are meat eaters and depend on deer meat for a lot of their food, but can't believe that crowd would care less if they shot a dos or buck? i know your deer hunting regs are different from ours, but dang my hunt isn't ruined if I throw my tags in the trash because I didn't choose to fill them.

Mike Belt

Nope, not at all. I'd come much closer to saying the taking of too many does has impacted my hunting. I don't see anywhere near the deer I used to see and I see much less rutting activity than when we had more does in the herd.

easy45

Mike Belt":i0vv7eoc said:
Nope, not at all. I'd come much closer to saying the taking of too many does has impacted my hunting. I don't see anywhere near the deer I used to see and I see much less rutting activity than when we had more does in the herd.

Yea, unfortunately that has affected both of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dirtyhands

I shot the only buck I saw last year and was very happy about it. So I can't say that it ruined anything for me. The new buck definition concerns me a little but only because I'm afraid of making a mistake. I live in unit L so I have plenty of opportunity at dear if I can ever find out where they like to hang out at. I can see how people living in other units are more upset about it

Lost Lake

Ruined my deer hunting? No. I never shot every buck I saw, and have killed some good bucks. But, I'd say it's changed my mindset.

I fish more now than I used to, especially October and early November. Some mighty good fishing during that time.

Latest posts