1st morning results. Lets hear it.

UTGrad

Saw 5 deer while in the blind. Had a good looking young 6 at 8 yards, only real shot was to spine him, so I let him walk. Saw another 6 at 60 yards, but behind a rise and he sauntered on up in the woods. 2 does came out from behind me, and I shot one at 21 yards, other ran off at the shot. The shot was perfect, but very sparse blood trail. Found my arrow, good blood on it. Managed to follow the trail, and found her 40 yards in the woods, my mechanical broadhead did not deploy, entry and exit almost exact diameter of the arrow shaft. Got back in the stand for a little while and saw the #2 deer of the ones I have on camera that I really want to shoot. He stopped at 55 yards on the edge of the woods with his head and vitals covered by a couple branches and looking over the dead doe. He walked on up in the woods and that was the end of the morning for me. Dressed the doe and dropped her off at the processor and headed to an afternoon wedding in Mississippi.

View attachment 114887

Congrats…what broadhead is that?

Sasquatch Boogie Outdoors

Saw 5 deer while in the blind. Had a good looking young 6 at 8 yards, only real shot was to spine him, so I let him walk. Saw another 6 at 60 yards, but behind a rise and he sauntered on up in the woods. 2 does came out from behind me, and I shot one at 21 yards, other ran off at the shot. The shot was perfect, but very sparse blood trail. Found my arrow, good blood on it. Managed to follow the trail, and found her 40 yards in the woods, my mechanical broadhead did not deploy, entry and exit almost exact diameter of the arrow shaft. Got back in the stand for a little while and saw the #2 deer of the ones I have on camera that I really want to shoot. He stopped at 55 yards on the edge of the woods with his head and vitals covered by a couple branches and looking over the dead doe. He walked on up in the woods and that was the end of the morning for me. Dressed the doe and dropped her off at the processor and headed to an afternoon wedding in Mississippi.

View attachment 114887
Another reason I've went back to fixed blade broad heads. Glad you found her and wow, sounds like an awesome hunt. Congrats

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
Congrats…what broadhead is that?
Grim Reapers that I had for my compount. Switched to a crossbow this year. I think the crossbow is just too fast for the head to deploy like it should with that type head. I dug around in my older stuff and found some Slick Tricks and put them on. Should be good to go now.

Latest posts