1st morning results. Lets hear it.

Vince

Deer 1, me 0.
Three deers right in front of the car as I opened the gate, but none to be seen from the stand. Heard one blow downwind as I was climbing up the tree. Saw two coyotes, my first ever, but way past bow range.

What a blessed morning. Thermacell worked and many types of birds were tweeting and woodpecker pecking. Simply wonderful morning.

Rakkin6

Saw two separate does, one was in a thick patch about 60 yards away no clean shot offered. Second doe came in from behind me to my right about 20 yards away, tried to take her but since I am a right handed shooter I had to try to completely turn my body to the right in the treestand and she saw some movement. Did the old head Bob/stomp/blow then gone. Also saw 2 6 pointers that got a pass. Was planning on coming out at ten but a rainstorm was coming in so I climbed down a out 0830 instead of sitting there getting soaked plus it was a little cool and I had no rain gear. Got a hunt in, workout at the gym, lunch and going to work bout 1430 for a few hours. Good day and I am doing an all day sit tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:

middleTNbowhunter

All-time worst opening day for me. Busted 6 from near my stand going in. Rumble guts hit about 6:45, prompting me to climb down and sprint as far from my stand as possible (only made it about 50 yards) to "download the brownware." Busted by several more deer sneaking back to my stand. In the words of Charles Barkley, it was just "turrible." Nothing I could do but laugh about it. 🤣

Heath423

2-Step Enabled
All-time worst opening day for me. Busted 6 from near my stand going in. Rumble guts hit about 6:45, prompting me to climb down and sprint as far from my stand as possible (only made it about 50 yards) to "download the brownware." Busted by several more deer sneaking back to my stand. In the words of Charles Barkley, it was just "turrible." Nothing I could do but laugh about it. 🤣
All that is still better than sitting here a work on opening weekend. Just saying

30-06 type of guy

Saw several doe and fawns. Had a doe coming in to an opening at 35yrd and she spooked for some reason wind was perfect. Saw a pretty looking piebald but well out of range. Some other hunters eventually scared them off. Be back again in the am but closer to where they seem to browse more. To shoot the piebald or let it be? Hmm

EJ1

Didn't get out this morning but just got settled in the saddle for the afternoon. Didn't bump anything on the way in to this new area and I picked a terrible tree but it's the only one where I want to be.
Tree has poison ivy and I can only get about 10' off the ground. I'm on the backside of the tree and have good cover so hoping that will help. Only other trees in here are small Cedars.

Sasquatch Boogie Outdoors

Saw several doe and fawns. Had a doe coming in to an opening at 35yrd and she spooked for some reason wind was perfect. Saw a pretty looking piebald but well out of range. Some other hunters eventually scared them off. Be back again in the am but closer to where they seem to browse more. To shoot the piebald or let it be? Hmm
What color is her back straps?? Does that help any?

Sasquatch Boogie Outdoors

Didn't get out this morning but just got settled in the saddle for the afternoon. Didn't bump anything on the way in to this new area and I picked a terrible tree but it's the only one where I want to be.
Tree has poison ivy and I can only get about 10' off the ground. I'm on the backside of the tree and have good cover so hoping that will help. Only other trees in here are small Cedars.
Sounds like an ITCHY situation that requires RASHonal thinking.....A real head SCRATCHER if ya know what I mean...sorry pal, I couldn't help myself. Goodluck

BubbaGoneWild

Just curious why you sprinted far away I wouldve took 5 steps from tree and let er eat son 🤣

Mountainman865

Climbed up tree at 6:30 busted by 2 does from behind stand at 8. At 9:30 a 1000 lb walking horse came in to 10 yards Haha, then at 10:30 5 more does passed my stand at 50 yards but never came close for a shot. They were hitting the acorns.
GIF_20210925_084314.gif