1851 Confedrate Navy Colt Revolver.

Bobby Williamson

been wanting to get one of those pistols...as back up during muzz season and to do what youve done here...given the chance..just havent squirreled away the money for one yet - good job and congrats on a great hunt

Frank G

Bobby Williamson said:
been wanting to get one of those pistols...as back up during muzz season and to do what youve done here...given the chance..just havent squirreled away the money for one yet - good job and congrats on a great hunt

Thanks BW,
It is a lot of fun when you have the shot, shortage yardage of course. Had a youth out for turkey today right by the same stand, brought back fond memories :D . Look around the local shops, you may find a good one at low cost. Good luck ;) . Trying something new for me next weekend, a muzzle loader shot gun for turkey. :D
A number of guys that have them stated they would like to try theirs on a deer, just not sure if it would get the job done. They know now and have plans to carry one next ML season as a back up. I set my range at no more then 30 yards though, just like bow.

Frank G

Yes it came from Cabela�s. A friend of mine gave it to me for Christmas two years ago. He knows I hunt with hand guns both ML and revolver. I was a bit reluctant to take it for deer at first. When working with it I was amazed with the penetration more then I expected. After testing, if I keep it a typical bow range, 30 yards max this WILL get the job done. Christmas day this year I carried it as a back up to my 460 XVR. Never expected to have perfect conditions twice in 15 minutes. I will be tugging it along next season for sure.

Latest posts