180” of velvet gold

AT Hiker

Great buck. Did you have the velvet freeze dried, or did you inject them? If injected, does that solution stink?
I actually started tanning these TN velvet deer. Think of it as a submerged solution. Actually smells good.

I've yet to get one in that you could inject. All the veins are dried up by end of August it seems.

I've spent a lot of money on freeze dried antlers over the years, tanning them (at this stage in velvet) does just as good as job, if not better.

Hduke86

Just friends mainly. Although the definition of friends in the taxidermy world is a little bigger than normal social groups.

Kinda like the friend who has a pressure washer😀
I don't shoot big enough deer so I just use a pressure washer on them and toss them on the garage wall🤣

rifle02

Just friends mainly. Although the definition of friends in the taxidermy world is a little bigger than normal social groups.

Kinda like the friend who has a pressure washer😀
I will let you borrow my pressure washer if you will do Taxidermy for me! But first of all I have to get a buck worthy of being mounted, that's the hard part.

AT Hiker

Great buck. Did you have the velvet freeze dried, or did you inject them? If injected, does that solution stink?
I forgot to mention a very important step in my preservation method. I leave the antlers exposed in my freezer for a minimum of 6 months.
If someone had one of these newer freezers that suck the air out and keep humidity stupid low, one could almost freeze dry the velvet. Technically, enough time in the freezer, you could freeze dry them.

Specializedjon

I don't shoot big enough deer so I just use a pressure washer on them and toss them on the garage wall🤣
I don't shoot big deer or have a pressure washer......

Mad City Fox GIF by Gotham

Latest posts