.17 HMR Semi auto

JBell

I can't suggest the savage A17. It just doesn't feed rounds consistently. Might as well be a single shot

mike243

My 17 is a Neff single shot, wanted a marlin when the round came out, 100y shots on squirrels use to be easy, shooting more than 1 at distance in a big forest proved to be a egg hunt finding them, shot a limit in big woods 1 time from same spot, lost 2 and 1.5 hours searching. the Keltec semi had jamming issues also not sure they ironed that out, haven't kept track of the Ruger rifles in a long time but would go that direction if possible.

DaveB

I will find out what my BIL owns. I know he has carried it in the field and killed coyotes with it. He is a pretty picky kind of guy so I will find out every wart the gun owns along with the positives.

JBell

I have not. But it's not just mine. We got em on sale at Walmart a couple of years ago. The 3-4 we got all struggle

JBell

It's a shooter. Killed a groundhog at 160 yards. If it would cycle, you couldn't beat it

squirrel_hunter

I have a ruger american 17hmr. I even bought 16 boxes ammo for it. I think i have put a box ammo thru it. I thought i would use it alot. I always grab my 22 mag.

DeerMan66

I have a ruger american 17hmr. I even bought 16 boxes ammo for it. I think i have put a box ammo thru it. I thought i would use it alot. I always grab my 22 mag.
Me too. The 17 hmr is accurate but no where near as deadly as a 22 mag. If you are shooting targets go with the 17 hmr. If you intend to hunt with it go with the 22 mag.

Latest posts