16 Tons and What Do You Get.....

RedDawg

Can everyone hear Tennessee Ernie Ford singing..?

Well, it wasn't 16 tons but I just got done spreading 12 tons of lime with a shovel out of a back of a pickup truck and then a trailer being pulled by a tractor when the ground got too soft. Dad was driving.... That 5 1/2 acres (4 fields) is limed and disced and then the rain started!~ Perfect timing! (I bent a gang of discs coming around a tree as I was coming in out of the rain but I can fix that shaft. :cry: )

But all the food plots are LIMED!

Hunter 257W

You may be another day older and deeper in debt but like you said, your food plots are in good shape! :) Can you not get a lime truck in there or are you just raring to go and don't mind the work? haha That's a lot of shoveling.

RedDawg

Hunter 257W said:
You may be another day older and deeper in debt but like you said, your food plots are in good shape! :) Can you not get a lime truck in there or are you just raring to go and don't mind the work? haha That's a lot of shoveling.

Not much available to rent around that area. The co-op in that county doesn't have anything but I've heard there are some private guys to hire. Figured dad and I would try it ourselves the first time to justify hiring it done the second time! Wet enough and remote enough in the plots in the woods that we had to use the tractor pulling the flatbed and we just about stuck that in the mud a couple of times. But I'm young - only 53 going on 24. :/ :grin: Guess I'm not as out of shape as I thought....

Hunter 257W

Wow, same age - I'll be 53 in a couple months. I know what you are up against in getting somebody to bring you lime. Most of the private truck owners around my area are farmers so you have to get lime from them during a slow time for farming or they are busy with their own fields.

SALTMAN

Guys , I have a spreader ( ground buster ) that will hold a thousand pounds and you can pull it with an atv. It works great on powdered lime. Rent it to Tndeer members for $100 week. I hauled my lime from quarry in a dump type pull trailer then ran back and forth to the plots witha bucket almost full on tractor, prob 900 lbs, to dump in the spreader . Anyone interested pm or email me . Trophyrock@ juno.com
Joe

RedDawg

SALTMAN said:
Guys , I have a spreader ( ground buster ) that will hold a thousand pounds and you can pull it with an atv. It works great on powdered lime. Rent it to Tndeer members for $100 week. I hauled my lime from quarry in a dump type pull trailer then ran back and forth to the plots witha bucket almost full on tractor, prob 900 lbs, to dump in the spreader . Anyone interested pm or email me . Trophyrock@ juno.com
Joe

NOW you tell me .... :crazy:

Latest posts